RN- Weeknights- Pediatric Long Term Care
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Description$10,000 hiring bonus! -As a -nursein this unit at
ChildServe, -you will join a team of caring co-workers with a
mission of providing needed services to children. Our nursing staff
rates the culture, their co-workers and the kids as their WHY for
continuing to work at ChildServe.RN wages have been increased to be
10% -above market. -Apply today! -
ChildServe's Pediatric Long-term Care program isIowa's only
-pediatric long-term care program for children with complex medical
needs. Our team of nurses, therapists, and other experts provide
24-7 residential skilled nursing care in a family-focused
environment. We care for children who are unable to live at home
due to their complex medical needs. Our intensive medical and
nursing services support children with a variety of conditions.
Along with expert medical care, we provide onsite therapy and
medical equipment support to help each child live a full life.
6:00am - 6:30pm, three days per week, and every other weekend
ChildServe -offers a -RN Residency program -to support the
transition to practice for nurses who have graduated from a nursing
program within the past 12 months. -If you are hired for a position
on our rehabilitation or long term care units, you will
automatically be enrolled in the Nurse Residency. -The residency is
a combination of online lectures and discussions, a hands-on skills
practice, and an evidence-based project all supported by monthly
meetings with a Clinical Learning & Development Specialist.
What Youll Do
- Within the nursing scope of practice, physician's orders, and
the patient's care plan, make decisions and deliver a full range of
nursing care based on the fundamentals of the nursing process.
- Maintain accurate, completed, and timely records as defined by
nursing standards of practice and ChildServe -policies and
- Communicate effectively, respectfully, and professionally with
patients, physicians, families, school personnel, ChildServe
-staff, and others to assure assigned child's care needs are
assessed, communicated, and met. -
- Provide oversight of the care delivered by Licensed Practical
Nurses and paraprofessionals.
- Provide training to children, families, and staff as needed to
help advance the skills and knowledge of all people associated with
a child's care delivery.
- Demonstrate good stewardship of ChildServe -equipment,
supplies, and environment.
- Complete other duties as assignedWhat Youll Need
- Current valid license as a RN in Iowa. BSN Preferred
- 1 year experience required.
- Documentation of current CPR/BLS certification
- Ability to communicate effectively in reading, writing and
speaking the English language
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs, be mobile within the assigned
work area, and frequently bend, lift, reach, and stand.
- This position is subject to CMS COVID-19 vaccination
guidelines.Why ChildServe?ChildServe -has earned the title of Top
Workplace every year since 2014. Here's why employees love working
- Our work matters. -We partner with families to help children
with special healthcare needs live a -greatlife.
- We're not your average non-profit. -We serve 5,200 children
each year through over 30 specialty pediatric services in the Ames,
Des Moines, and Iowa City areas. Many of our programs are
- Our team members rock. -Our teams are filled with people who
care about their coworkers, and who believe that collaboration is
key to providing exceptional care to children.
- Our learning never stops. As a non-profit dedicated to
innovation, we're proud to help many team members gain new
certifications, continue their education, take their expertise to
the next level, and find new opportunities to advance their career
right here at ChildServe.
- We'removing forward together. Experts across multiple
disciplines work together to help kids get the best care
possible.Ready to leave work every day knowing you've made a
difference for kids and families? Let's move Forward Together -
ChildServe -is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: childserve, Des Moines , RN- Weeknights- Pediatric Long Term Care, Healthcare , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!