Company: Sigma Inc
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: January 26, 2023
AHN0341 - Pediatrics RN, Des Moines, GA - 13 Weeks Contract
Sigma Healthcare Team is looking for two experienced Pediatric
Registered Nurse for our client hospital in Des Moines.
Shift : 12.00hr - NOC
- Pediatric/Telemetry Nurses provide care by connecting patients
to machines that measure heart rate, blood pressure, breathing
rate, as well as blood-oxygen levels and electrocardiogram
information.These machines then send data to computer screens for
nurses to monitor.Telemetry Nurses read and interpret the data to
better determine patient care.
Telemetry Nurses provide direct and individualized nursing care to
patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles.
In addition to general nursing care, responsibilities of Telemetry
Nurses include (but are not limited to):
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to
assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an
IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions
to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy
regarding the administration of medications by a licensed
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients,
and interprets and records electronic displays .
- Identifies irregular telemetry readings and notifies
appropriate medical team members.
- Initiates corrective action whenever information from
monitoring equipment shows adverse symptomatology.
- Provides basic, bedside care
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by
- Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their
illness/injury, by explaining: post-treatment home care needs,
diet/nutrition/exercise programs, self-administration of medication
- Records patients' medical information and vital signs.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and
treatment of patient.
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and
completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on
the appropriate forms
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending
on assignment setting
Depending on setting, may also:
- Float among various clinical services, where qualified and
- Must have 2 years exp in specialty.
- COVID/Flu vaccine required,No exemptions accepted.
- BLS/ACLS required
Keywords: Sigma Inc, Des Moines , RN Pediatrics, Healthcare , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!