Entry-level Lab Technician
Company: Nesco Resource, LLC
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: March 19, 2023
There is a shift differential. The shift pattern will be 12 hour shifts 4 days on 4 days off.
Prepare process and finished product samples; perform analytical testing using instrumental, wet chemistry procedures, and record results using computerized data systems.Performs daily process monitoring tests throughout the plant as assigned.Maintains samples of tested product in order to confirm test results, if necessary.Documents results of all testing procedures and promptly notifies operations of required adjustments.Enter and report data using a Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).Understands most production processes required in the production of product and may make recommendations to operators in order to achieve product quality.Performs light maintenance and calibration on all *** -laboratory equipment.Maintains on-going records of the results of all testing procedures and inputs such data into computer on a daily basis.
- Maintains adequate supplies used for testing procedures and notifies the supervisor of the need to re-order such supplies.
- Continually compares equipment readouts with samples of standards as required to insure that all systems are operating accurately.
- Maintains a neat and clean working area at all times, washing equipment as required and placing equipment in the proper storage areas.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with fellow employees.
- Performs duties in a safe manner, utilizing all approved safety equipment and successfully completes all safety certification requirements.
- Maintains awareness and adheres to all FDA, GMP, BATF, EPA, OSHA and employer standards and guidelines.
2 or more years science degree
Good attendance history
Excellent safety record and awareness
Demonstrates sufficient computer skills to utilize lab instrument operation programs
Familiarity with current commercial software applications (Excel, Word)
Experience with lab documentation
Experience with operating standard lab equipment (i.e., pH meter, balances and spectrophotometer)
Demonstrates sufficient math skills to perform calculations associated with lab testing
Previous plant experience
Ability to work on multiple tasks
Ability to team build
Good organizational skills
Willingness to assume and learn new responsibilities
Excellent communication skills
Proven housekeeping and sanitation skills
Demonstrated troubleshooting skills
Accurate record keeping skills
Attendance and punctuality
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Keywords: Nesco Resource, LLC, Des Moines , Entry-level Lab Technician, Healthcare , Des Moines, Iowa
here to apply!