Sr Clinical Subject Matter Expert
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Job Description:GDIT is seeking a Clinical Subject Matter Expert. This position is responsible for providing clinical expertise to project teams in support of developing and maintaining measures for national quality initiatives.This position will assist in serving as liaison between customers and application development for purposes of ensuring accurate implementation of the measures.Job Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and develops product documentation for clinical quality measures, changes/updates and routine correspondence with customers which may include hard copy, on-line or internet/intranet based modules.
- Reviews documentation created by non-clinical staff for accuracy.
- Assists with the preparation of training materials and conducts training as needed.
- Partners with technical teams in reviewing requirements, specifications, testing, support and training plans to ensure they are in line with business objectives and clinical standards on projects.
- Works with business analysts to reviews/edit business requirements.
- Serves as a resource expert for external customers utilizing clinical knowledge and expertise to research and resolve issues in a timely manner and customers satisfaction.
- Researches and produces ad-hoc narrative reports and option papers with minimal turn-around time and with a high level of accuracy.
- Summarizes legislative rules which impact program outcomes when applicable.
- Functions as a lead policy analyst by reviewing, drafting and producing rigorous, empirically-based measure policies and procedures that have been thoroughly researched to the policy making audience.
- Performs clinical quality measure detailed analysis and provides findings to the customer.
- Advises customers regarding potential clinical challenges in implementation of clinical quality measures (i. e., measure additions, validation processes, and vendor capabilities etc.).
- Serves as liaison between project teams and customers by providing clinical expertise pertaining to the development, implementation and maintenance of specific software applications, reporting systems and databases.
- Performs functional testing from an end user perspective; identifying issues and recommending changes if needed.
- When appropriate, prepares for and facilitates meetings for customers and other contractors, including agenda preparation and production of minutes.
- Advises measure stewards on quality measure content and analytical issues as it pertains to the national quality initiative.
- Provides recommendations and materials for customers related to national outreach and education.
- Verifies and analyzes report data when appropriate.
- Understands 508 compliance and applies principles to written documents to be posted to the web.
- Reviews health care data technical specifications (i. e., QRDA, HL7, etc) for compliance from a technical and clinical perspective.
- Other duties as assigned.Education
- Bachelor s degree (B. A.) from four year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Registered Nurse (R. N.) or equivalent health care degree.
- Experience in a clinical setting.
- Experience with clinical quality measures (Prefer at least 5 years of experience).Qualifications
- 15-20 years of experience in the area of expertise.
- Ability to analyze and document healthcare quality measures.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, and PDF documents.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks, ensuring accuracy and attention to detail, and timely responses to customer inquiries.
- Ability and willingness to learn and follow processes.
- Ability to work as a member of an integrated team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills including providing solutions and/or options to potential issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presenting.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to maintain professional and ethical working relationships.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse customer group including executives, managers, subject matter experts, stakeholders and team members.For more than 50 years, Employer has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Des Moines , Sr Clinical Subject Matter Expert, Healthcare , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!