CMA/LPN/RN- Mercy Pediatrics Urgent Care - PT.5 (Evening/Weekend)
Company: Mercy Health
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: March 16, 2019
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 40
Primary Location: IA > DES MOINES > PEDIATRIC CLINIC
Job Summary / JobPurpose (briefly state why does this job exist in 3-5 lines) Under the direction of the health care provider, Medical Assistant II is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and wellbeing of all patients. Accurately preforms preliminary physical tests such as: measures blood pressure, records weight, temperature, pulse and respirations and other measures as directed by established clinical protocols. Key Responsibilities(list 5-8)
- Perform generalpatient care by following established standards and procedures.
- Greet andprepare patients for the health care provider.
- Obtain andrecord vital signs including but not limited to, blood pressure,temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, andcurrent medications and presenting problem.
- May be requiredto draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimensfor laboratory analysis.
- Administerordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topically,rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
- May performroutine tests including but not limited to EKG s.
- Schedulepatients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion oftesting.
- Communicate withpatient regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail asdirected by physician.
- Prepare, cleanand sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient examrooms stocked, clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated itemsaccording to protocol.
- Document patientplan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record asdirected by the provider.
- Escalatenon-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice manager orhealthcare provider(s).
- Ensure safetychecklists/quality controls are completed as required.
- Provide forpatient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
- Perform otherduties as assigned by practice manager, MA Lead or as requested byhealthcare provider(s).
- Job Requirements /Qualifications
- Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required &preferred):
- High schooldiploma or equivalent required.
- Current/validCertified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification required or Registered MedicalAssistant (RMA) required if applicable.
- Successfullycompleted Medication Aide 40-hour course or current/valid MedicationAide certification by state agency required if applicable.
- May requirespecialized training such as Non-Certified Radiologic Technician (NCT).
- Basic LifeSupport (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required.
- Experience (required and preferred): 2 years MedicalAssistant experience preferred.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Part-time
- Market: Mercy Medical Center Associated topics: lead, licensed practical nurse, lpn, lvn lpn, mtp, nurse ii, nurse iii, nurse lpn, nurses, pediatrics
Keywords: Mercy Health, Des Moines , CMA/LPN/RN- Mercy Pediatrics Urgent Care - PT.5 (Evening/Weekend), Healthcare , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!