CNA Patient Care Technician -CSICU- PT.6 (Day/Evening)
Company: Mercy Health
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: March 16, 2019
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 48
Primary Location: IA > DES MOINES > MERCY MEDICAL CENTER GENERAL SUMMARY: Supports the professional clinical staff by providing direct patient care and performing studies and tests as assigned. These duties may vary by shift or may be unit-specific. The Patient Care Technician is responsible for providing care for patients of diverse ages. Works rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as scheduled.
- Delivers assigned patient care and treatment as delegated by an RN or LPN.
- Performs or assists patients with activities including personal hygiene, bathing, ambulation, transporting, range of motion exercises, dressing/undressing, feeding, changing bandages, elimination needs, and emptying drainage devices.
- Responds to patient calls and anticipates patient needs. Assures patient safety and comfort through use of safe patient handling techniques, regular rounding, environmental maintenance, equipment maintenance, and other appropriate safety measures.
- Calculates intake and output (excluding IVs). Measures vital signs. Performs bedside blood glucose testing. Makes entries to patient health records as consistent with scope of job duties and in compliance with company policy.
- Initiates or assists with emergency support measures (i.e., cardiopulmonary resuscitation, protecting patient from injury).
- Performs post-mortem care.
- Sets up equipment and supplies for procedures. Prepares patients and rooms for procedures, admissions, and transfers. Discharges patients from system.
- Observes and reports information regarding any change in physical/mental condition, behavior, or status of the patient to the nurse.
- Collects and labels specimens.
- Sets up, operates, and maintains selected pieces of equipment.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Completion of 75-hour, 120-hour or 150-hourCertified Nursing Assistant program OR be listed as having passed CNAcompetency testing on the Iowa Direct Care Worker registry.
- Graduate of an accredited RN or LPN programmay be substituted for completion of CNA program and CNA Registry.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory ReporterChild and/or Dependent Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of hire.
- BLS certified within six (6)weeks of hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certificationsinclude American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and AmericanHeart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Part-time
- Market: Mercy Medical Center Associated topics: aprn, assistant cna, associate, cardiology, clinical, cna, gerontological nurse practitioner, nursing assistant cna, rnp, splst
Keywords: Mercy Health, Des Moines , CNA Patient Care Technician -CSICU- PT.6 (Day/Evening), Healthcare , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!