Associate Regional Medical Officer (Physician #)
Company: Aspire Health
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: March 16, 2019
CareMore is actively recruiting for an Associate Regional Medical Officer to lead their clinical team in Des Moines. This salaried position is 70/30 clinical/admin and includes benefits, stock incentives, and generous bonuses.
What Is CareMore?
CareMore is entering a new growth phase, as a proven care delivery model for the highest-risk. We are a team of committed clinicians and business leaders passionate about transforming American healthcare delivery. We build and lead integrated, multi-disciplinary clinical teams to care for the most complex patients and currently serve nearly 200,000 patients in multiple states across Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial populations. We strive for excellence and have achieved significant and measurable improvement in total cost of care, clinical outcomes, and experience. As an Anthem subsidiary, we benefit from the scale and resources one of America's largest managed healthcare organizations.
CareMore's Health Networks, Primary Care+, Touch and models drive strategy, operations, and care delivery in our national markets (Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Iowa, Nevada, New York, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and the District of Columbia), where CareMore builds and runs capitated primary care medical groups, at-risk health networks and upstream care delivery products in service of high-risk Medicaid, Medicare and commercial patients, and our collaboration with Emory Health System in Georgia. Our comprehensive, upstream approach to health is led by robust multidisciplinary teams of extensivists (managing acute and post-acute episodes of care), primary care clinicians, behavioral health clinicians, care management & engagement specialists (including social workers, case managers and community health workers), and mobile home-based care teams. We continue to evolve our model to effectively engage and care for complex patients, led by a team of passionate, execution-minded leaders dedicated to this mission.
For more information, visit [Click Here to Apply]
Responsible for overseeing and providing internal medicine services to patients.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Creates a comprehensive and coordinated plan of care across all settings including hospitals, clinics, and Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs), which take into account medical records, patient and family, primary care physicians, and specialists.
- Makes hospital rounds daily.
- Collaborates with hospitals and care management teams and reviews patients with case managers.
- Attends to patients in CareMore Care Center (CCC) and assists nurse practitioners in reviewing cases.
- Attends to patients in the SNFs and attends SNF meetings to review cases.
- On call nights and weekends as scheduled.
- Trains and oversees new Hospitalists.
- Develops and improves training practices and materials.
- Supports utilization review and management of subspecialty costs.
- Participates in the management of clinical divisions.
- Develops and maintains provider relationships.
- Partners with management in building Hospital and SNF contacts/partners within the ER, Case Management and administration.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Requires an MD/DO; completion of Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or Med/Peds residency; 3 years of experience as a Hospitalist.
- Requires current (or ability to obtain) unrestricted medical licensure in applicable state(s) and board eligibility or board certification.
- DEA license required.
- For CareMore business units, satisfactory completion of a pre-placement Tuberculosis test is a requirement for this position. Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Keyphrases: family medicine jobs, family practice jobs, family practitioner jobs, family medicine specialist jobs
Keywords: Aspire Health, Des Moines , Associate Regional Medical Officer (Physician #), Healthcare , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!