Clinical Education Specialist -Nursing Education- FT 1.0 (Med Surg/Telemetry)
Company: Mercy Medical Center
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: September 19, 2019
?Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: IA > DES MOINES > MERCY MEDICAL
CENTER?GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for nursing program/course
development and classroom instruction, which encompasses
assessment, problem identification, planning, implementation, and
evaluation. Acts as an educational consultant for teaching programs
and projects. Is an expert practice nurse and provides leadership
to nursing, at the unit service line and organizational
- Functions as an expert clinician in a specialty or subspecialty
of nursing practice (i.e. acute care, geriatrics, critical care,
- Determines and appraises patient specific and population-based
programs of care (i.e. NRP, ECCO, NOEP, POEP, ENA, Periop,
- Assists in identifying needs for new standards, policies,
guidelines and procedures within the organization and across
systems. Functions as a change agent by identifying the needs,
competencies, strengths, and opportunities to improve critical
thinking, interpersonal, and technical skills.
- Develops educational plans and learning resources. Provides
orientation/education for staff, students, and community
organizations as requested and in accordance with adult learning
- Provide frequent feedback in order to build knowledge and
levels of competency in clinical practice.
- Facilitates evidence-based practice by bringing nursing
research to the point of care.
- Serves as a mentor to assist in the development of professional
- Advises, collaborates, translates, integrates, and evaluates
research that is in the literature and/or in progress within the
organization through practice, education, and reflective discussion
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the Iowa Nurse Practice Act,
Joint Commission, and American Nurses Association accepted
standards of nursing practice.
- Serves as a resource in area of specialty and collaborates with
interdisciplinary teams. Maintains a broad base of current clinical
and theoretical concepts of professional nursing practice within
the area of specialty/focus.
- Utilizes information technology for data input, analysis,
retrieval and program development and presentation.
- Collaborates with leaders to oversee and support on-boarding
and orientation plan for new hires.
- Maintains clinical competence by providing nursing care to
patients; includes assessment, planning, implementing, and
evaluation the patient?s care plan in coordination with the
physician? MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Current State of Iowa licensed registered nurse. Bachelor?s degree
in Nursing required. Degree in Nursing Education preferred.
Master?s Degree must be obtained within five years of hire. Minimum
three years acute care clinical nursing experience. Additional
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0241940
- Schedule: Full-time
- Market: Mercy Medical Center
Keywords: Mercy Medical Center, Des Moines , Clinical Education Specialist -Nursing Education- FT 1.0 (Med Surg/Telemetry), Healthcare , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!