Registered Nurse RN
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: October 13, 2019
In Center- RN DaVita is seeking a Registered Nurse who is looking
to give life in an outpatient dialysis center. ?You can make an
exceptional difference in the lives of our patients and their
families dealing with end-stage renal failure or chronic kidney
disease.Come be apart of our Des Moines, IA Team ! If you haven?t
considered Nephrology before, read on as we think that you should.
Dialysis Experience is NOT required. We Train ! What you can
- Long term patient relationships. Build meaningful relationship
with patients and their family in an intimate outpatient
- A team that feels and functions like a family. Staff RNs are a
central part of a small interdisciplinary team of clinicians. Work
alongside technicians, nurses, dietitians, social workers,
physicians and the center manager. ?
- Fun is one of our core values.? Happier nurses = healthier
- Specialized, complex care. RNs deliver care to patients who are
often dealing with multiple co-morbidities which require unique
treatment plans and the ability to leverage a broad range of
nursing skills and knowledge. ?
- Fast paced. Our RNs oversee?patients and ?Patient Care
Technicians who assist with patient observations, measuring stats
and machine set-up. You will work hard with your head, heart and
hands each day.
- Schedule. Shifts are typically 10- ?12 hours, 3 to 4
?days/week, Mon-Sat (closed Sundays) and will require two Saturdays
a month. .?Clinic is open: ?MWF - 5am - 7pm and TTHS - 5am - 6pm .?
RN is required to work rotating shifts and days . Some holidays
- Clinical leader: DaVita has the highest percentage of
facilities meeting or exceeding CMS?s standards in the government?s
two key performance programs. We expect our nurses to commit to
improving patient health through clinical goal setting and quality
improvement initiatives.What we?ll provide:
- In-classroom and hands on training: if you are new to dialysis,
we?ll provide a 12 week paid training and the support to guide you
through to becoming a nephrology nurse.?
- Opportunity for a nursing career for a lifetime. DaVita is
committed to providing robust development and experience for
nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving
role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions,
integrated care, clinical research), we can guide you on that
- Education assistance and license reimbursement: annual $3,000
tuition reimbursement and potential $25,000 scholarship
opportunity. CNN and CDN certification reimbursement. ?
- 3000+ locations across the U.S. for wherever life may take
- Comprehensive benefits package: including medical, dental,
vision, 401k plan, $2,500 cash gift for new parents, back-up child
and elder care and so much moreSome details about this position:
- Your?12 weeks of training will include a combination of
classroom and hands-on learning, through DaVita?s award-winning
- Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic with
a class of new teammates or training within your home clinic
- Hours of work may vary during the training period
- You must be flexible?- ?there is also the potential to float to
various clinics during and after your training
- You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings,
evenings, weekends, and holiday? - must be able to work between 30
- 40hrs a week
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice
- A desire to deliver care in an empathetic, compassionate way.
You know, the way you?d want your own care to be?
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound
recommendations in stressful situations?
- Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with
patients and teammates?
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of
nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N);?
three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be
substituted for nursing degree
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and OutlookYou
might also have (a.k.a. nice-to-haves):
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), Emergency
Room (ER), or Medical Surgical (Med Surg) experience will consider
all areas of nursing
- 12 months' or more RN experience is highly preferred
- Dialysis experience is highly preferred
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse
(CDN)Ready to make a difference in the lives of patients? Take the
first step at https://careers.davita.com
Keywords: DaVita, Des Moines , Registered Nurse RN, Healthcare , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!