Janitor Food Service Associate
Company: CommonSpirit Health
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Janitor Food Service AssociateMercyOne Des Moines Medical
CenterDes Moines, IowaRequisition ID 2022-234875 Employment Type
Full Time Department Food Service Hours/Pay Period 75 Shift Day
Weekly Schedule 11:30-7:30p.m. Remote No Category Nutrition and
Food ServicesOverviewMercyOne Central Iowa operates four
not-for-profit Catholic medical centers in Des Moines West Des
Moines Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals MercyOne
Childrens Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation
Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) along with more than 20
additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care
pediatric internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the
Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest
continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the
largest employers in the state with more than 7000 employees and a
medical staff of more than 1000 physicians and allied health
associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne which was
founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health
and Trinity Health two of the countrys foremost not-for-profit
Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000
colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.We offer the following
benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for
children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness ProgramAsk about our Sign-On bonus, up to $500
available for eligible positions!!ResponsibilitiesAt MercyOne,
youwilldirectly interact with patients and visitors everyday. You
will personally cleanand service the Clinical Nutrition Services
department. Maintain sanitation of the department following
regulatory agencies requirements. Wash and sanitize dishes and
production equipment. Collect and removes waste for the
department.What You'll Do:
- Washes, sanitizes and stores pots, pans, bowls, trays, cooking
utensils and tools used in preparation and service of food.
- Cleans all areas of the Dietary department including but not
limited to; floors, walls, ceilings, counters, cupboards,
production, windows, doors, doorframes, fire suppression systems,
carts, racks, serving and dining areas, tables, storerooms, chairs,
shelving, equipment, ovens, refrigerated and freezer units, food
storage areas and pot and pan area.
- Assists in moving and cleaning food carts from storage units,
food storage areas and pot and pan area.
- Collects waste in all areas of department, transports and
empties into waste compactor.
- Cleans departmental fryers. Discarding of used oil
- Wipes up spills as immediately and as necessary.
- Keeps hallways clean and clear of clutter.
- Maintains janitorial supplies and closets and equipment
organized and clean. Replenishes paper towels, soap, etc.
throughout the department.
- Routinely deep cleans cooking equipment, hoods and rotating
fans when not in use.
- Transports trays, molds, pots and pans to and from work
- Go to patient floors to collect and bring down dirty patient
tray to wash.
- Assists in other duties as requested.To be successful in this
role, you must enjoy helping others and enjoy a face-paced, fun
work environment!QualificationsNo experience neccessary-we will
teach you everything you need to know to be successful!
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training for
child and dependent adult abuse within three (3) months of
- Must be at least 16 years of age.Equal OpportunityCommonSpirit
Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
committed toa diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified
applicants will be considered foremployment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genderidentity, national
origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status,ancestry,
veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protectedby law. For more information about your EEO rights as an
applicant,please click here.
Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
60-1.35(c).External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment
background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest
and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner
consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local
ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San
Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.If you need a
reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process,
please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know
the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left
that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the
application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified
candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).CommonSpirit Health
participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: CommonSpirit Health, Des Moines , Janitor Food Service Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!