Barista - Starbucks - PRN (Varied)
Company: Mercy Health
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Position Type: PRN
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: IA > DES MOINES > MERCY MEDICAL CENTER GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for the daily operations and overall appearance of the coffee bar and related areas. Maintains sanitary and organized environment. Practices and abides by food codes and applicable regulatory and accrediting agency requirements to provide safe food to our customers. Serves customers in a professional manner with great customer service. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to use related equipment: cappuccino, coffee grinder, coffee brewers, blender and convection oven.
- Responsible for opening and closing duties.
- Demonstrates cash register operation as well as money handling procedures.
- Hot and cold food production for retail sales.
- Sets up for caf-- sales- stock food and paper products.
- Knowledgeable in and practices food safety codes and governing standards; federal, state, local and accreditation agencies.
- Checks food temperatures frequently through out shift. Documents temperatures on applicable forms. Notifies Supervisor immediately of any food out of compliance.
- Monitors temperature of freezers, refrigeration, and heating units through out shift. Documents temperatures on appropriate forms. Notifies Supervisor immediately of any food out of compliance.
- Maintain refrigeration units in clean orderly condition, compliant with food codes and regulatory agencies.
- Requisitions, transports foods and supplies to replenish the inventory in the caf--.
- Inspects items for integrity. Rotates stock, disposes of outdated products or less than optimum quality or correct temperature.
- Properly wraps, labels, dates food items.
- Makes coffee, juice and smoothies; replenishes and cleans beverage-dispensing machines and areas.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area, the coffee serving and seating areas, equipment, storage, counter tops and cupboards, tile, microwaves, tables, chairs and tray return. Cleans and sanitizes utensils and equipment.
- Maintains signage daily.
- Follows proper cleaning techniques. Stores chemicals properly, follow MSDS rules; labels product appropriately, uses chemicals according to directions, uses PPE as necessary.
- Practices safety procedures. Utilizes tools, equipment and protective equipment such as wet floor signs, proper ergonomics, informing Supervisor of safety hazards and equipment failures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of effective customer service skills and performance improvement.
- Uses standardized and non-standardized recipes and ingredients to prepare, create, and process foods.
- Assists in other areas as requested.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be able to pass barista training within 2 months of hire.
- High school diploma or GED preferred. Knowledge of several subjects in order to prepare reports, perform calculations and/or deal effectively with other people.
- Ability to read and write.
- Restaurant or food service operations experience preferred.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Part-time
- Market: Mercy Medical Center
Keywords: Mercy Health, Des Moines , Barista - Starbucks - PRN (Varied), Hospitality & Tourism , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!