Company: CO-OP Financial Services
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: February 25, 2021
US-IA-Des MoinesReq No. 2021-7290Category ProfessionalType
We are seeking a talented Recruiting Specialist to assist the
Recruiting team, hiring managers and candidates throughout the
entire recruiting process. This position assists with creating job
requisitions, sourcing qualified candidates, coordinating
pre-screening and interviews with candidates, and facilitates
on-boarding efforts such as pre-employment screening and assisting
with new employee orientation. This position also assists in
various reporting on behalf of staffing and employment
- This position is flexibly-remote. That means that this position
is currently remote due to COVID. Once we make the transition back
into the office, there may be flexibility for a hybrid schedule of
both remote and in-office work.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Sources external job candidates by using databases and social
- Remains up-to-date with current recruiting methods.
- Attends job fairs and careers events.
- Establishes relationships with Recruiters to understand their
open job needs and facilitates locating high quality talent for
particular lane of business.
- Creates and manages pipelines for frequently hired roles;
proactively searches and focuses on hard-to-fill roles and manages
supplied candidates through the recruiting process.
- Assists with temporary worker process.
- Conducts initial phone screens with candidates.
- Ensures the proper requisitioning, formatting, and posting of
- Creates new job posting templates and position screener
- Ensures consistency throughout recruiting life-cycle to ensure
candidates go through the appropriate steps, create a top notch
- Supports advertising needs of recruiting department and
monitors associated costs.
- Documents processes and procedures to ensure consistency within
- Partners with hiring managers to create and submit new job
requisitions through Applicant Tracking System.
- Assists with New Employee Orientation.
- Assists internal candidates with any questions regarding the
- Works in a cooperative manner with all CO-OP employees,
supervisors, and HR Team.
- Acts as primary contact for incoming calls and answers
candidates questions or directs them to the right person.
- Conducts follow up calls to candidates who haven't completed
necessary pre-screening work.
- Helps hiring managers with questions regarding Applicant
Tracking System or overall recruiting process.
- Sets up interviews with candidates as requested by recruiting
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- 1-3 years of professional recruiting and human resources
experience in a fast paced environment.
- 1-3 years of IT recruiting, sourcing experience.
- Prior experience working with an HRIS system.
- Knowledge of Federal and State employment laws required.
- Commitment to excellence in customer service and team player
- Strong verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
along with the capability to interact with all levels of employees
and management is required.
- Ability to plan and carry out responsibilities with limited
- Must demonstrate effective conceptual, analytical, planning and
- Must be able to multi task and handle heavy volume of work with
multiple deadlines, changing priorities and frequent
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information in a
confidential manner is required.
- Strong analytical, administrative, organizational and
prioritization skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- The ability to be proactive in problem solving is
- Strong analytical skills required to gather and summarize data
- PC proficiency required including Microsoft Office and previous
experience with an applicant tracking system.
- Interviewing and training experience in a corporate environment
with demonstrated ability to source, screen and qualify candidates
at various all levels of the organization.
- Ability to develop and implement effective recruitment
strategies with strong candidate sourcing, social media, assessment
and closing skills.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee
feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where
every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that
our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of
this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent
thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a
strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of
People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own
core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and
the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million
debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and
more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological
ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year
and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement
and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement. PI129790079
Keywords: CO-OP Financial Services, Des Moines , Recruiting Specialist, Human Resources , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!