RN Staffing Coordinator - Off Shift Administration/Weekend Operations
Company: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Overview: CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of
Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more
than 700 care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals
to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is
accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy
communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and
innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our
hospitals and out in the community.
: Assures that the mission of Mercy Medical Center - Des Moines is
lived by assisting, supporting and organizing the staff and
activities of the Centralized Staffing (CS) Department, as
requested by Department management and nursing leadership. Monitors
and adjusts staffing on an ongoing basis for nursing departments.
Fulfills operational responsibilities including scheduling, data
maintenance and communications for the department.
- Uses labor tracking tools and staffing matrices to prioritize
safe utilization of resources at Mercy Medical Center - Des Moines
and Mercy Medical Center - West Lakes.
- Receives/gathers data, on an ongoing basis, from work unit
(charge RN, management) to forecast/validate staffing needs.
- Adjusts staff coverage, following established procedures, in
response to changes in patient census, patient acuity and/or
over-staffing of work unit; maintains awareness of admissions,
patient status upgrades/downgrades and changes in bed count
needs/availability to identify impact on staffing needs and current
- Communicates with staff and department leadership regarding
available staff, available shifts, and staffing shortages.
- Attends and completes all hospital and department-specific
required education within the timeframe defined in the Mercy
Medical Center Policies/Standards, including but not limited to
updates to labor tracking tools.
- Identifies, resolves and communicates real potential staffing
problems and information to appropriate leadership.
- Keeps immediate supervisor/s informed of issues/concerns and
progress regarding current projects.
- Assists with CS Department data collection and maintenance of
- Allocates internal and external resource staff to requesting
- Coordinates with unit leadership, using labor tracking tools,
to ensure employees are on the correct schedule.
- Communicates with staff when schedule changes occur.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient, staff and institutional
- May assist with nursing duties in areas of competency when
staffing is not the current priority.
- Serves as subject matter expert on current labor tracking
- Other duties as assigned by CS Department leadership.
MINIMAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Registered Nurse required.
- BSN degree preferred.
- One year of Charge Nurse experience preferred.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrate strong analytic and basic statistical ability;
strong written and verbal communication skills (including editing);
problem solving/critical thinking ability; attention to detail;
ability to multitask; and excellent organizational skills.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Keywords: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center, Des Moines , RN Staffing Coordinator - Off Shift Administration/Weekend Operations, Human Resources , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!