CNA - Up to $20.50/hr!
Company: Independence Village
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job Description Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Independence
Village of Waukee - Skilled Nursing/Long-Term CareUp to $20.50 per
hour! *Pending shift, experience, and certifications* Tenured
stable leadership team! All Shifts Available - Additional Shift
Premium on 2nd shift!Free meals provided to staff, scrub tops
included, and more!Employee Referral Bonus Program - $1,500! Both
the referral and the employee who is referred will receive this!
Growth opportunities available starting day one including tuition
reimbursement for your education and lead role potential! Text
"IVWKCNA" to 515-200-7647 to apply Position Summary:The Certified
Nursing Assistant (CNA) is responsible for providing caring and
personalized assistance for residents living in our community.
Required Experience for CNA:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous Healthcare, Geriatrics or experience working with the
elderly population preferred.
- Previous experience as a nursing aide preferred.
- Must be a licensed, Certified Nursing Assistant in accordance
with state laws. Accountabilities for CNA:
- Professional in attitude, demeanor and dress.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work under pressure
and meet deadlines.
- Subject to frequent interruptions.
- Involved with residents and associates under all conditions and
- Subject to potentially upset residents, family members,
associates and visitors.
- Varied working hours to include days, evenings, weekends, and
holidays as needed.
- Subject to callback during emergency conditions (severe
weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Continuous physical movement. Responsibilities for CNA:
- Leads and provide 1440 care.
- Review Resident Care Plans at start of shift.
- Bathe and clean, as needed, both male and female residents by
bed bath, shower and/or whirlpool.
- Assist in cleaning teeth, shampooing/combing hair, cleaning and
cutting nails, applying make-up, shaving and cleaning glasses of
both male and female residents.
- Assist residents in dressing appropriately, encouraging usual
and appropriate clothing.
- Make residents' beds and change linens as needed, clean up room
and closet, picking up unnecessary articles and arranging room
- Feed residents requiring total or partial assist with meals,
set up trays for residents needing assistance, and pass and assist
- Answer calls light promptly and ensure lights are always within
- Assist residents with bedpan, urinal, and bedside commode or to
bathroom as needed and/or as directed. Change incontinent brief or
diaper every two hours or more frequently if needed.
- Take and give notice in writing, vital signs (temp, pulse,
respiration & blood pressure), heights and weights as requested,
report abnormal or unusual signs to charge nurse. Report skin
breakdown, pressure sores, changes in residents' physical/mental
condition to nurse immediately.
- Measure intake and output on all residents for whom it has been
ordered including emptying urine from indwelling catheters or other
urine collection devices near end of shift and assist in collection
- Pass water to residents and ensure it is within reach. Collect
water pitchers for cleaning per schedule.
- Clean wheelchairs, walkers, commodes, bedpans and urinals per
- Report unusual color or odor of excretes (urine, drainage,
stool or sputum) before discarding it.
- Assist in the transport, transfer, ambulation, frequent
positioning and providing ROM to residents. Use measures that
ensure resident and associate safety. Request assistance when
lifting, turning and moving residents, using lifting devices when
needed. Transport to activities, meals and appointments as
- Help maintain personal dignity of each resident by ensuring
privacy and treating them with respect. Understand and follow
Resident Bill of Rights.
- Apply safety devices as directed by the nurse, check safety
devices every thirty minutes and release every two hours.
- Ensure residents who are unable to call for help are checked
- Ensure rooms are ready for new admissions.
- Assist in admission, transfer and discharge of residents
including ensuring rooms are ready for admit and assist resident
with belongings upon discharge.
- Greet newly admitted residents on admission and escort them to
their room as necessary.
- Complete Nurse Aide flow sheet during shift and according to
instructions using only authorized abbreviations.
- Document care given in CareTracker.
- Identify resident before providing care.
- Follow universal precautions and isolation procedures for
infection control. Wash hands at beginning of shift, between
residents, before passing trays and after assisting with
elimination—even if wearing gloves.
- Inventory and mark resident's personal possessions as
- Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious
materials and hazardous chemicals immediately.
- Maintain all service areas in clean and orderly condition and
keep halls clear of equipment.
- Report all accidents or incidents observed immediately.
- Report suspected abuse immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned General Working
Conditions:This position entails standing for long periods of time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required
to communicate effectively with others, sit, stand, walk and use
hands to handle keyboard, telephone, paper, files, and other
equipment and objects. The employee must be able to read, write,
and speak fluent English. The employee is occasionally required to
reach with hands and arms and push/pull equipment frequently. The
employee is expected to possess good organization skills, with the
ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. The employee
must be compassionate and empathetic. The employee will
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee may
frequently bend, reach, grasp, and climb. The employee may need to
squat and kneel. The work environment requires appropriate
interaction with others. The noise level in the work environment is
moderate. Occasional travel to different locations may be
required.Connecting Seniors, Families and CommunitiesFor over 37
years, our senior living communities have served seniors and their
families across Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, and
Tennessee, with each location offering unique services including
independent, enhanced, and assisted living, as well as memory care
and rehabilitation and skilled nursing. Through forming authentic
connections and committing to creating the absolute best
experiences each day for our residents and their families, we've
created a special culture within our communities that allows our
employees to do their best work and our residents to shine every
day. Not Just Making Every Day Great. Making Every Minute Great.
There are 1,440 minutes in every single day. We aspire to make each
one of them an exceptional moment. This philosophy is supported by
our 6 powerful, yet simple pillars: Dream Big, Have Courage, Take
Initiative, Be Accountable, Give Back & Enjoy it. We strive to
fulfill the aspirational yet unattainable goal of creating the
absolute best experience with every person, in every interaction,
every minute of every day. It begins with empowering our employees.
Every employee, at every level of the company, is expected to
perform like a leader. Everyone is encouraged and expected to put
the needs of each other above everything else. No one here just
"does their job" The mission is to create the absolute best
experiences. This emphasis on putting people first has helped us
successfully grow for the right reasons. We have developed an
environment that attracts dreamers, adventurers, creators, givers
and believers to seek career opportunities with us. We find people
who believe that true happiness is only found in the service of
others. We want high-performers with diverse skill-sets and big
hearts. We treat each other as family and find that close
collaboration creates the biggest ideas. If you love serving
others, and are looking for an opportunity to thrive, CommonSail
Investment Group and our businesses is your destination. This
classification description is intended to indicate the general
kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that are required of
positions given this title and should not be construed as declaring
what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular
position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify
the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work
of the employees under her/his supervision. The use of a particular
expression or illustration describing duties shall not exclude
other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of
difficulty.Equal Opportunity EmployerClick on glassdoor to see our
employee testimonials #IVIND
Keywords: Independence Village, Des Moines , CNA - Up to $20.50/hr!, Human Resources , Waukee, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!