Maintenance Tech 1 - Second Shift (8 hr shifts)
Company: Michael Foods Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Business Unit Description: Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in
the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that s First in
Food. Location Description: Michael Foods, Inc. located in Lenox,
Iowa and often called the "Pearl of the Prairie" is where you can
find small town living, focused on family and friends, with big
city amenities not far from reach in Des Moines, Omaha, and Kansas
City. Located in southwest Iowa, Taylor county, with a population
of around 1400, the Lenox area reaches far beyond the city limits
with beautiful and productive fields of corn, beans, and other
croplands. Lenox holds an amazing four day Rodeo every July and is
home to a beautiful 36-9 hole golf course, several fishing and
boating lakes, great area hunting, a beautiful city park with
swimming pool, and many picnic parks. The MFI location in Lenox
produces primarily pre-cooked egg patties. With its friendly
atmosphere, safe environment, and progressive spirit, Lenox is a
great place to live, work, play, and raise a family.
Responsibilities: SUMMARY : This position performs process and
production maintenance throughout the facility. Maintenance
Technician s responsibilities includes but not be limited to
equipment breakdowns, installation and startups, process
improvements, preventative/precision maintenance programs and
continuous improvements activities i.e. increasing machine
reliability and installation of facility capital investments.
Candidates must be a self-starter willing to accept maintenance
process responsibility and KPI results. DUTIES AND
- Ability to respond in an efficient and effective manner to
urgent production needs related to equipment.
- Ability to read and understand diagrams, sketches, operation
manuals, and manufacturer's specifications in order to disassemble,
repair, replace, rebuild, and install mechanical equipment.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of belts, sheaves, chains,
sprockets, bearings, lubrication standards, and applications.
- Basic understanding & knowledge of fasteners, thread types, &
- Utilize CMMS to support the maintenance function including
review, execution, and documentation of scheduled/unscheduled work
on a daily basis.
- Basic ability to diagnose and repair all mechanical power
transmission equipment. Basic knowledge of gear boxes, mechanical
drives, variable speed applications, and motors.
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems including
cylinders, valves, manifolds, vacuum systems, air filtration and
- Basic knowledge of pipe fitting, insulating, rigging
applications, use of mechanical tools, hand tools, and power
- Responsible for adhering to all safety policies and procedures,
incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks. Take personal
responsibility to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for
- Adhere to Quality work practices, follow Good Manufacturing
Practices (GMP), maintain sanitary conditions, and ensure that
product quality is maintained. Ensure that all policies,
procedures, and activities related to Food Safety and Quality are
followed and complied with, in effort to reduce process
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications: REQUIRED
EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or
- 1+ years experience in industrial operations, plant operations,
maintenance, utilities and/or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability
to do basic math PERFERED EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE:
- Prior training and education in OSHA 10 Hour, HAZMAT, Arc
Flash, LOTO, electrical systems and fall protection
- Prior food manufacturing experience PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is
required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required
to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and
arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and
smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be
exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in
temperature. The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Keywords: Michael Foods Inc., Des Moines , Maintenance Tech 1 - Second Shift (8 hr shifts), Human Resources , Corning, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!