Scrum Master III
Company: CO-OP Financial Services
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: January 7, 2021
US-IA-Des MoinesReq No. 2020-6991Category ProfessionalType
We are seeking a talented Scrum Master III to act as a servant
leader to standing development teams to deliver high quality
working software. They work in partnership with project teams to
deliver project objectives. To improve quality and increase
software delivery throughput, they collaborate with various
stakeholders and user communities to learn and implement best
practices. They also perform peer-to-peer coaching, training and
mentoring to improve process competencies across multiple standing
teams. Person will have expert knowledge of one or multiple areas
of industry standard technology, as well as knowledge and
experience in financial services, debit and credit card processing,
and finance technology.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Act as Scrum Master for agile delivery team(s), with a focus on
guiding the team(s) toward improving the way they work.
- Proactively coordinate the efforts of one or multiple agile
- Partner with the Product Owner and agile team to understand,
identify, and document the business opportunity through
non-ambiguous, testable stories.
- Collaborate with Product Owner, Business Analyst, and
Architecture to understand requests, capabilities, and delivery
- Identify and resolve impediments that are inhibiting the agile
team from meeting commitments.
- Provide leadership by example and guide the team and
organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to
- Assess the scrum maturity of the team and organization and
coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is
sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Build strong internal and external partnerships.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science
or related major, or comparable work experience.
- 5-8 years' experience as a ScrumMaster or similar role.
- 5-8 years' experience playing the ScrumMaster role for a
software development team.
- ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or
Certified Product Owner (CSPO) Certification.
- 5-8 years' experience with agile practices, patterns and
- 5-8 years' experience in Agile techniques such as User Stories,
ATDD, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing,
Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games etc.
- 5-8 years' experience serving as key liaison to other
departments that have specific business functions.
- 5-8 years' experience understanding the relationships,
dependencies and impact of neighboring business functions.
- 5-8 years' experience documenting, analyze and assess current
business processes and underlying systems / applications.
- 5-8 years' experience collaborating with other departments and
IT to develop business cases associated with new project
- 5+ years' effective planning, scheduling, coordinating medium
to large projects, meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects
- 5+ years' SQL skills and experience with Sequel Database Query
- 3+ years' experience training and mentoring others in
ScrumMaster tasks and responsibilities.
- Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles.
- Knowledge of an agile framework or method (i.e. Scrum, Kanban),
or understanding of software development life cycle models as well
as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity,
retrospection, and other Scrum techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of coaching development teams in
organizational environments in which Scrum is not yet fully adopted
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee
feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where
every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that
our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of
this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent
thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a
strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of
People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own
core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and
the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million
debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and
more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological
ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year
and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement
and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement. PI128164510
Keywords: CO-OP Financial Services, Des Moines , Scrum Master III, IT / Software / Systems , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!