Layout Technical Director
Company: Skydance Media
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture
where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The
partnership between unique creativity and technological
advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At
the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and
relevant storytelling. While all Animation studios look to hire
people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is
specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of
what the world's most collaborative art form can achieve, and to
give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new
studio that's doing something different. Skydance Animation Studios
is seeking a Layout Technical Director to collaborate with Layout
Artists. As the Layout TD, you will help the team with
pre-visualize sequences, setting up the files and solving technical
and creative problems. Responsibilities
- Set up files for the Layout Artists and work with the
- Model low polygon objects and solve technical problems
- Make simple rigging systems and create FX for previs, paying
attention to detail.
- Work with internal tools to publish the shots.
- Follow the procedures and requirements of the studio,
production and pipeline. Requirements
- 1+ years of professional experience.
- Strong knowledge of Maya and animation- Python scripting a
- Demonstrable artistic skills, exerting a strong sense of
composition and perspective.
- Strong understanding of cameras, staging, composition, pacing,
timing, general film-making concepts, both in animation and live
- Comfortable creating basic assets.
- Strong communication, problem solving and collaboration skills.
LI-MF1 Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David
Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment
for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of
immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive,
and animation divisions. Skydance is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse,
equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider
applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age,
sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status,
military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected
category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it
is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world
Keywords: Skydance Media, Des Moines , Layout Technical Director, IT / Software / Systems , Madrid, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!