Application Developer IV (Contract to Hire Full Stack .Net Developer)
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Req No. 2021-7424
We are seeking a talented Application Developer IV to design,
develop, test, maintain, and support complex applications that are
secure, scalable, and robust. The Developer IV will lead and
participate in the creation of enterprise solutions. This position
is reserved for staff that has tenure and is a specialist/expert in
their area. Takes a broad perspective to identify solutions and is
able to work independently with little guidance.
- This position is on-site. That means that the person in this
position is expected to work in our physical office location. As
stated above, we are doing everything we can to protect our
employees that are working on-site and greatly appreciate their
What You Can Look Forward to
- Develop and maintain new and existing technology systems.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to other developers.
- Develop appropriate requirements, scope, and estimates.
- Build strong internal and external partnerships.
- Actively support the company's strategic future, culture and
- Proactively pursue development opportunities and shows expected
progress on learning plan.
- Create and maintain complex applications for the benefit of
internal and external customers.
- Provide oversight to project team members on development best
practices. Assist with coding questions as needed.
- Lead the development of technical application design documents
on complex projects.
- Provide unit testing of all coding changes with the goal of
providing a stable production environment. Provide oversight and
final testing of code from other project team members.
- Build and maintain applications in such a way that exceeds
regulatory requirements. Security is a critical design requirement
and data, systems, and applications must be protected at all points
of the development lifecycle.
- Analyzes business scenarios and identifies opportunities for
technically innovative solutions and improvements.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- BS in Computer Science / Computer Information Systems or
equivalent degree, or equivalent experience can be substituted for
- 10+ years' experience with coding in (C#, SQL, VB.NET,
- Additional programming language skills are a plus.
- Experience with ReactJS or similar frameworks would be a
- Understanding of the CI/CD pipelines and how to automate
- Proven experience developing RESTful API's.
- Advanced database design and development.
- Advanced knowledge of Modern OS architecture concepts and
- Proficient in the Agile methodology (Scrum & Kanban
- Expert technical knowledge in software development
methodologies, design and implementation.
- Good to excellent understanding of entire development process,
including specification, documentation and quality assurance.
- Partner with Business Analysts, Quality Assurance Analysts, and
Technical Product Owners to define features.
- Advanced knowledge of entire development process, including
specification, documentation and quality assurance.
- Advanced analytical, design and problem-solving skills at
multi-product/multi-environment level to troubleshoot system
defects and mitigate the issues they cause.
- Expert understanding of concepts of project planning and
project management techniques to assist in small projects and/or
- Expert research and analysis skills, and an understanding and
awareness of business issues as they impact overall project
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to express and document complex technical concepts in
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a
cross-functional project team.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee
feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where
every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that
our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of
this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent
thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a
strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of
People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own
core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and
the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million
debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and
more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological
ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year
and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement
and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Keywords: jtpostmaster, Des Moines , Application Developer IV (Contract to Hire Full Stack .Net Developer), IT / Software / Systems , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!