Quality Assurance Analyst IV (Automation Tester)
Company: CO-OP Financial Services
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: April 10, 2021
CityReq No. 2Category ProfessionalType Full-TimeThe OpportunityWe
are seeking a talented Quality Assurance Analyst IV to carry out
all quality assurance processes; leading testing on medium to large
projects, developing test plans, test cases and automated test
cases from functional specifications and business requirements,
executing test cases, tracking software defects and verifying the
software fixes. This includes unit, integration, system, regression
and UAT. This role partners closely with business analysts,
software development and the stakeholders of the business. It is
essential to ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery of new and
enhanced business capabilities that meet or exceed
- This position is flexibly-remote. That means that this position
is currently remote due to COVID. Once we make the transition back
into the office, there may be flexibility for a hybrid schedule of
both remote and in-office work. What You Can Look Forward to
- Work closely with analysts, developers and engineers to write
test plans, estimates and schedules to support project and product
- Execute test cycles that follow best practice standards, (both
manual and automated) producing documented results that determine
the release readiness of products or features.
- Facilitate problem solving and troubleshooting of quality
issues. Champion effective defect management best practices.
- Mentor and guide the team members in the team on best
practices, testing techniques and tools.
- Proactively pursues development opportunities and show expected
progress on learning plan.
- Utilize templates, tools, metrics and best practices to verify
that products meet business and user requirements.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with internal business
partners to understand appropriate business requirements.
- Identify risk areas and provide alternate strategies to address
- Partners with business and IT to support testing for
- Execute quality assurance test scripts, plans and checklist for
complex projects spanning multiple business units.
- Setup test labs as necessary working with the business on UAT
- Ensure there is a full understanding of work effort, timelines
- Assist in the development of defect tracking best
- Mentor and Coach the team members on testing best practices,
testing tools and testing techniques.
- Guide them on testing estimation process.
- Identifies development Opportunities and works with manager to
establish learning focus and learning plan.
- Manages learning plan and reports on progress at quarterly
coaching sessions with manager.
- Embraces our culture of growth, change and continuous
- Work with manager to identify a focus for learning, including
new testing tools or techniques and testing certifications.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science
or related major, or comparable work experience.
- Testing certifications.
- 10+ years' experience testing client/server and Web-based
- 10+ years' experience developing, implementing and documenting
test plans and test scripts.
- 10+ years' experience providing time estimates for application
- 10+ years' experience with established and proven software
development methodologies and procedures.
- 8+ years' experience documenting and managing clear and
detailed issue reports.
- 8+ years' experience communicating with technical staff and
business end users.
- 8+ years' effective planning, scheduling, coordinating medium
to large projects, meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects
- 8+ years' SQL skills
- 8+ years' utilizing the Agile methodology.
- 8+ years' experience in all phases of testing, documenting and
communicating results. Specific experience working with current
primary technology and software preferred.
- 5+ years' experience training and mentoring others in quality
assurance tasks and responsibilities.
- 5+ years' experience with test automation utilizing Selenium,
- API Testing experience is required
- Ability to perform usability testing according to industry
standards. Experience conducting user interviews and meetings
- Experience performing user acceptance testing with the user
community to verify it meets their needs preferred.
- Ability to set up and execute performance/load tests on
applications. Experience gathering performance requirements and
scenarios from users and using an automated load testing tool.
Advanced experience including extensive programming in load testing
tool and in-depth understanding of different system/application
counters collected and how to optimize these settings preferred.
Why Join CO-OP?CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where
every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are
dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse
workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential;
ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve.
The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse
talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on
a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy
of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own
core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and
the products that we deliver. With more than 35 years of industry
leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most
comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation.
CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing
payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to
help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently
provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while
delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service. CO-OP
serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit
and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more
than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological
ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year
and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement
and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech. The Perks
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Keywords: CO-OP Financial Services, Des Moines , Quality Assurance Analyst IV (Automation Tester), IT / Software / Systems , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!