Company: Eurofins USA
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Company Description Eurofins Scientific is an international life
sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing
services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and
our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the
food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on,
Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure
the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic
and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader
in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products
testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the
global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory
services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO,
advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical
- Over 50,000 employees worldwide
- Eurofins recently celebrated 30 years of excellence in
- The company has grown from 4 employees in a small lab in France
to a global network.
- 800 state-of-the-art laboratories across 41 countries.
- Eurofins is one of the best performing companies in the world.
In three decades, the company has grown more than 3,000 times.
- Eurofins is now the global market leader in environmental,
food, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics testing as well as in
agro-sciences CRO (Contract Research Organization) services. Job
- Assist in formulating and implementing the short and long-range
goals for departmental operation; set priorities, assign
responsibilities, and establish timetables; project future needs
and formulate strategies consistent with projections for adequate
personnel, equipment, analysis methods, and facilities to ensure
efficient and effective operations
- Instruct, monitor, troubleshoot and assist in the performance
of manual and instrumental analysis. Operate equipment and perform
minor instrument repairs; coordinate major instrument repairs with
repairperson. Establish and implement procedures to ensure that
assigned equipment is properly cleaned, calibrated/standardized,
adequate for the testing performed and is maintained in good
working order. This includes maintaining equipment operating
instructions, manuals, and required logbooks.
- Modify, develop, validate, write, and edit analysis methods
relative to assigned department' maintain fully approved,
scientifically sound protocols and written standard methodologies
to be used in area of responsibility
- Review and evaluate test data generated within assigned area of
responsibility for technical accuracy as well as SOP and cGMP
compliance. Perform and provide basic evaluation of statistical
tests to determine the quality accuracy of data and report
- Write and review protocols and reports.
- Communicate and discuss methods, results and questions with
client service personnel and clients; ensure that clients receive
good service, accurate results, and fast turnaround time consistent
with superior analytical testing.
- Critically evaluate services offered by area of responsibility;
recommend, develop and implement new services, more accurate,
efficient and appropriate test procedures, more accurate, efficient
or cost effective equipment and more efficient layout of
- Help monitor turnaround times to support accurate quotations to
clients and to keep , BUMA & or Dir of Ops,(in) informed of
deviations from expected normal to include situations where client
expectations were not met.
- Maintain necessary document control including worksheets, logs,
and listing of currently used methods with accepted modifications
clearly specified, and records of method validation studies.
- Administer and direct the training of all assigned technical
staff on methods, SOPs, regulatory requirements, and local
laboratory policies/procedures applicable to area of
responsibility. Meet regularly with personnel to ensure that proper
information flows in both directions and that personnel adhere to
these requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Evaluate and approve or reject prospective and in-progress
non-conformances (as exceptions) to standards (policies,
procedures, specifications, etc.); investigate to determine the
cause of retrospective non-conformances, determine and implement
corrective action; and follow-up to ensure that the corrective
action resolved the problem.
- Participate on external technical committees and attend
professional meetings; make technical presentations in conjunction
with sales visits and public forums.
- Remain current on technical, industry, and business
advancements and trends as suggested by the Department Leader or
- Monitors progress and status of multiple projects
- Provides technical/scientific guidance to the Department.
- Perform data analysis, identifying and leading
projets/initiatives that generate improvements in method
performance and or efficiencies.
- Supervise if needed, senior technical staff, interfaces with
the other department heads; provides guidance on procedures and/or
- Bachelor's degree with major in an appropriate science field.
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry preferred.
- Undergraduate degree with 7-10 years experience
- Masters degree with 3-7 years experience
- PhD with 1-4 years experience
- Prefer experience or coursework in laboratory procedures, data
analysis, computer operations, mathematics, and technical/business
- Experience working in cGLP environment
- 5 - 7 years of applicable and progressively expanded laboratory
experience to include the design and review of projects, and the
development and review of new testing protocols. Additional
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and analytical
- Excellent communication skills.
- Responsive, independent problem solver and action oriented
- Recognized expert in assigned scientific area
- Skilled in performing scientific presentations and preparing
- Skilled in data interpretation
- Demonstrated ability for logical thinking, vision, and
creativity necessary to function effectively with little structure
or supervisionAll your information will be kept confidential
according to EEO guidelines. Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and
Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Keywords: Eurofins USA, Des Moines , Technical Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!