Software Solution Architect - Remote Opportunity
Company: First American Financial Corporation
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Company Summary Join a team that puts its People First! Since
1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in
its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are
equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel
welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their
full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our
company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune
100 Best Companies to Work For list for seven consecutive years. We
have also earned awards as a best place to work for women,
diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than
50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always
strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information,
please visit . Job Summary Job Profile SummaryParticipates in the
design, development, coding, testing, debugging, and maintenance of
software code for business applications. Responsible for
middle-tier implementation and integration with backend databases.
Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and
develops specifications to resolve them. Participates in the
development of software user manuals.Essential Functions
- Collaborate with product managers to translate business
requirements into system specific functional requirements.
- Responsible for design and full implementation of product.
Experience with presentations. Also, ensures architecture meets
- Performs tasks necessary to support design, QA and
implementation teams necessary to rollout product.
- Research, design, write, test and implement new software
applications and systems.
- Modify and enhance existing complex applications and
- Champion change; drive and set technical direction for the
- Responsible for quality assurance review.
- Acts as project leader for projects with small budgets or
- Propose and split large architectural objectives into smaller
- Evaluate design alternatives, and perform cost benefit
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based
on business needs.
- Help team troubleshoot production issues.
- Responsible for maintaining up to be architectural diagrams.Job
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project
efforts, anticipating and identifying complex issues that inhibit
the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective
actions.Supervision Received or Extended Impact
- Has full technical knowledge of all phases of applications
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full
understanding of industry practices and established policies and
- Troubleshoots and guides others on a wide variety of complex
problems and identifies solutions within broad application and
- Works to define and implement conceptual issues.
- Acts Independently under general direction
- Leverages a wide range of additional resources to
explore/implement complex customized applications as a
- Acts as a team leader for projects with moderate budgets or of
a short to intermediate durationKnowledge and Skills/Technology
- Strong .NET and Web services experience.
- Fluent multiple application development languages at an expert
- Experience with various computer platforms and application
- Expertise with developing multiple tiers of multi-tiered
- Expertise in designing programs, applications and systems
- Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills and
mentoring others to increase the skill level of the department
- Must have conceptual understanding of domain technologies.
- Ability to convey technical and conceptual ideas/topics to
- Strong organizational or Project Management skills
- Ability to design systems with Infrastructure, Network and
server operations team in building complex enterprise level
- Practical experience designing and implementing
cloud-native/serverless solutions in AWS at scale
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of API ecosystems, CI/CD and
DevOps principles, and design thinking
- Experience designing AWS infrastructure
- Experience working with AWS services like VPC, EC2, RDS/Aurora,
Security Groups, IAM, Cloud Watch, CloudFront, SNS, SQS, API
Gateway, Lambda, S3, FSx, KMS
- Experience working with ADO and GIT.Typical Education
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and
- Master's Degree preferredTypical Range of Experience
- Typically 7+ years of directly related experience
- Experience working with distributed team is preferred License
or CertificationDisclaimerThe above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this classification. They are not to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may
be required to perform duties outside of their normal work hours
and/or responsibilities from time to time, as needed.First American
invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them
to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve
the communities where they live and work. First American is
committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity
employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a
comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision,
401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee
stock purchase plan.
Keywords: First American Financial Corporation, Des Moines , Software Solution Architect - Remote Opportunity, IT / Software / Systems , Clive, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!