Posted on: May 26, 2023
Skiltrek has multiple needs open for entry level cable technicians. These technicians will be learning cabling on a grand scale. They have an exclusive contract to build the cable infrastructure for them throughout the data center. Their role will be to assist the higher level techs and the team leads in building out the infrastructure to include: pulling cable, pulling fiber, learning color codes, learning how to punch down and terminate fiber, installing cable trays and pathways, and build server racks. More than likely Tech's will start our installing cable tray's and building the server racks.
1. Install a work area outlet for floor (i.e. monument), and wall (i.e. box eliminator). Drop cable down a wall using fish tape or other method. Route cable through data center. Perform pre-termination procedures: organize, form, dress cables and determine length, slack and label cables. Suspend and support cable correctly: Cable tray, J-hook, D-rings, Bridal rings, Trapeze.
2. Install grounding for racks, equipment and cable as required.
3. Perform fire-stopping procedures on fire walls, install sleeves, pull cable through sleeves and core penetration.
4. Terminate low-voltage devices.
5. Follow prints.
6. Fully complete all Company COMMERCIAL paperwork accurately and on time (timesheets, material transfers, work orders, change orders, tool transfers and others as required).
7. Adhere to and participate in all Company, customer and industry quality and safety standards and regulations.
8. Other responsibilities as assigned.
Cable, CAT 5/6, telecommunications, punch down, terminations, pull, cable trays., Wiring
Top Skills Details:
Cable, CAT 5/6, telecommunications, punch down, terminations, pull, cable trays.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Punctual and team player, able to flexible on hours. If they get behind they will go to 10 hour days.
Skiltrek is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. At Skiltrek, we promise you the perfect opportunity of building technical excellence, understand business performance and nuances, be abreast with the latest happenings in technology world and enjoy a satisfying work life balance.
Skiltrek is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Skiltrek is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Keywords: Skiltrek, Des Moines , Cable Tech, IT / Software / Systems , Altoona, Iowa
here to apply!