SQL Database Developer in Des Moines, Iowa
Company: Super Technology Solutions, Inc.
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: January 15, 2019
One of our premier clients is looking for a SQL Database Developer in Des Moines, Iowa for a 6-12 months' engagement. If interested, please submit your resume ASAP indicating (a) your date of availability (b) current location (c) desired hourly rate, W2 or 1099? ***In-Person Interviews ONLY*** PLEASE NOTE*** The client is ONLY scheduling IN-PERSON INTERVIEWS for this position. They WILL NOT schedule webcam or phone interviews. Please apply ONLY if you can EASILY ATTEND an IN-PERSON INTERVIEW on January 14th, 15th, and 16 th , if selected to interview*** JOB DETAILS / DESCRIPTION: This position is for a SQL Database Developer with Transactional System Development, ETL, and Analytical Reporting experience - PLEASE READ through the skills section and complete description for more detail. The successful candidate will spend a good portion of their time working with the Systems that support Child Care, Child Welfare, Medicaid, TANF, and SNAP and is expected to work in concert with Front End developer(s) troubleshooting system problem reports and processing enhancement requests. While working on system enhancements, the successful candidate is expected to propose, design, and develop solutions in concert with the front-end developer(s) to fulfill the business requirements - individual needs to work well in a team and independently as needed. The successful candidate will be required to follow standard practices for migrating changes to the test and production environments and provide post-production support. When not working on enhancement requests or problem reports, the candidate would concentrate on performance tuning.Candidates with Child Welfare, Medicaid, TANF or SNAP are the preference. Responsibilities:
- Assist in designing, developing, and enhancing large transaction and reporting databases.
- Assist in converting existing Legacy applications to newer technologies
- Assist in integrating in-house applications with third-party enterprise solutions.
- Design, create and implement database systems based on the end user's requirements.
- Develop database schemas, tables and dictionaries using SQL server 2008 R2, 2012, and 2016.
- Translate business requirements into software applications and models.
- Develop and maintain efficient, well-documented custom SQL scripts; stored procedures triggers using Microsoft T-SQL by defined business rules and requirements to support application development
- Create and troubleshoot stored procedures and queries performances using SQL Server Profiler, Performance Monitor, DBCC Commands, Database Engine Tuning Advisor and Execution plans. Recommend query and index improvements in application to increase performance.
- Thoroughly test all approved application and database code additions and changes before implementing to staging. Request approval from users before implementing any additions or changes to the production environment.
- Research, understand and apply best practices, cost-effective solution, policies and procedures towards all assigned tasks, roles and responsibilities.
- Use the Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) to manage changes to the code.
- Participate in requirement analysis discussions and come up with an efficient technical solution
- Develop new and maintain existing reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Build and Deploy ETL processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS). Required Experience
- Demonstrated experience with relational database design and implementation using MS SQL Server
- Experience optimizing SQL queries for improving performance and maintaining data integrity
- Experience in creating database migration scripts by using schema and data compare tools
- Experience in creating batch packages using SSIS
- Experience in creating reports using SSRS
- Experience in architecting, writing and maintaining RESTful APIs/Services
- Write efficient, consistent and testable code
- Proficiency with using Visual Studio 2012,2015 & 2017
- Ability to understand and analyze the business requirements and come up with a practical technical solution
- Demonstrated experience in SOA and web service development
- Experience in using LINQ
- Demonstrated experience with C#, .NET framework, and object-oriented design/development.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Azure cloud services
- Being able to work with minimal requirements and improve the functionality as requirements are refined
- Technical understanding of infrastructure components, their dependencies, and interactions between servers, virtual systems, networks, databases, web applications, etc. Required Skill Matrix:
- Experience with working with different versions of SQL server (2008 R2, 2012 and 2016) 5+ years
- Expert knowledge of TSQL - 5+ years
- Database modeling & Design - 5+years
- Experience in creating batch packages using SSIS - 3+ years
- Experience in creating reports using SSRS - 3+years
- Experience optimizing SQL queries for improving performance and maintaining data integrity - 5+ years
- Experience with C#, .NET framework, and object-oriented design/development - 5+ years
- Experience in architecting, writing and maintaining RESTful APIs/Services - 5+years
- Experience in using LINQ - 5+ years
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud services - 1-year minimum
- Proficiency with different versions of Visual Studio (2012,2015 & 2017) - 5 + years - provided by Dice SQL server 2008 R2, 2012, and 2016, T-SQL, .NET, SSIS, SSRS
Keywords: Super Technology Solutions, Inc., Des Moines , SQL Database Developer in Des Moines, Iowa, IT / Software / Systems , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!