Application Support Specialist
Company: Netsmart Technologies
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: January 16, 2020
The individual will interface with clients to assist with
understanding, troubleshooting, and repair of user s solution
questions. Will utilize a variety of troubleshooting and telephone
support tactics in addition to knowledge of solution capabilities
and service delivery workflows to assist clients. The Application
Support Specialist is focused on helping the client use the tools
within the solution to the best of their capabilities and
functionality. The ideal candidate will possess good customer
service skills, desktop support and/or service delivery experience
and experience with the Netsmart CareRecords (specifically Avatar
and Evolv). The candidate must also maintain confidentiality for
all company, employee and client information by ensuring compliance
to HIPAA guidelines and privacy policies in regards to client and
employee information as well as ensuring documentation and computer
systems are maintained in a confidential manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
* Interface with end users via phone, email, and online ticketing
system to independently diagnose and resolve problems concerning
their application function.
* Interact in a pleasant and professional manner with other
employees, clients, end-users, agencies, etc.
* Establish and build client relationships through interactions
* Utilizes knowledge of the solution workflows, capabilities, and
navigation through options to field basic inquiries. Will review of
treatment plans, orphaned areas within the solution, or navigation
within the solution to assist.
* Promote a team effort through cooperation and respect for fellow
* Troubleshoot when clients are not able to advance or submit
workflows and work with users to correct the issues such as
completing fields, deleting areas, etc.
* May assist with creation or maintenance of staff profiles and
researching workflows and correcting any profile issues.
* Will be the primary resource for more advanced application
inquiries such as questions regarding deleting clients, rerouting
services or billing corrections based upon more advance
* Researches service entries or tasks that need updated or
functionality turned on within the solution.
* Assist clients with ensuring services or abilities within the
tool are applicable by using knowledge of the health and human
* Completes troubleshooting within finance modules to include
research on payments, correctly completed fields/screens, billing,
where services have been billed, program modifiers, effective
dates, contract rates, billing profiles etc.
* Stay up-to-date with technical developments of operational
importance to the company and to participate in developing or
setting standards as directed.
* Minimum 2 years of technical troubleshooting or support
* Familiarity with Netsmart CareRecords (Evolv or Avatar) from a
client or solution support and or development perspective.
* Previous knowledge with various databases and EMRs.
* Associates Degree in Information Systems, Technology, or
* Experience with Windows Operating systems and Office suite
* Experience with ticket and management systems
* Organization skills to balance and prioritize work
* Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal
* Ability and willingness to learn new skills quickly
* Maintain a positive attitude
Netsmart provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to
all individuals. Employment decisions at Netsmart will be based on
performance, qualifications, abilities, education and experience.
Netsmart does not discriminate in employment opportunities or
practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or
mental disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or
status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws. Netsmart complies with any applicable state
and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Keywords: Netsmart Technologies, Des Moines , Application Support Specialist, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!