CommonBond Communities invites qualified applicants to apply for
a Maintenance Technician I position at our Des Moines, IA
locations: Des Moines Street Village, Bloomsbury Village, Stewart
Park Apartments, and Stewart Park Townhomes. The primary
responsibility is to ensure the timely completion of all assigned
maintenance duties and other tasks. Duties include performing
repairs, preparing units, and completing preventative
WHY COMMONBOND COMMUNITIES?
• Work-life balance
• Competitive salary
• Employee referral program
• Comprehensive benefits package
• Employee recognition and rewards program
• A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
• A chance to make a difference in the community!
• Hands-on Skills Days
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS
• Ensures timely completion of all assigned work orders.
• Completes basic building repairs related to air conditioner
units, air exchange systems, electrical work, carpentry, fixtures,
plumbing, appliances, and windows.
• Completes preventative maintenance, grounds maintenance, basic
housekeeping tasks, and general upkeep.
• Assists in prioritizing work orders and monitoring maintenance
of buildings and equipment.
• Prepares vacant units as assigned.
• Responsible for on-call emergency maintenance service as
• Interacts with residents, vendors, and fellow employees in a
respectful and professional manner, treating others with dignity
• Works with management to ensure all activities are conducted
in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.
• Clear, concise communication with the property manager and
regional maintenance supervisor on the work schedule for assigned
sites, purchases, work order, and unit turnover status, on-call
work, and preventative maintenance.
• Follows all CommonBond safety policies and local, state, and
• Inspects equipment before each use; uses personal protective
equipment when necessary.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Apartment maintenance experience preferred.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Must provide own hand tools.
• Basic computer skills including the ability to send and
receive emails, enter hours worked on internet-based system, and
access/perform data entry in Microsoft Office products.
• Access to reliable transportation.
• Must be able to work on-call, weekends, and the first and last
day of each month; must be available for overtime as is needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Experience or training in building maintenance such as
appliance repair, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and preventative
• Willingness to learn and assist above and beyond as part of
• Ability to self-direct.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to stand, walk, reach, climb, bend, and kneel.
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds frequently and 50 pounds
• Ability to reach above and below the shoulders.
• Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist, and
• Withstand external weather conditions such as working outside
in the rain, cold, heat, or other adverse weather.