Company: CO-OP Financial Services
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: January 7, 2021
US-IA-Des MoinesReq No. 2020-6997Category ProfessionalType
We are seeking a talented Solutions Architect to be responsible for
designing and implementing information system solutions which will
adequately support the organization's needs. Define and communicate
a shared technical and architectural vision to help ensure the
system or solution under development is fit for its intended
purpose. This includes identifying new technologies, partners, and
applications to enhance and improve the company's market or
internal offerings. Help with creating and maintaining a technology
reference model. Create architecture artifacts along the project
lifecycle to document technical requirements and vision. Work with
members of the product team to assess needs and figure out the
underlying issue that needs to be solved. Collaborate with product
and technology delivery manager to come up with requirements and
turn them into epics and features. Communicate technical content to
a non-technical person. Lead projects across scrum teams offering
architectural direction to those teams. Expose project and solution
related architectural issues to the wider architecture team.
Analyze system requirements and ensures that systems will offer
secure solutions and will be effectively integrated with current
applications. Have thorough knowledge of infrastructure,
application development, and data architecture and web and software
applications. In order to be successful, our Architects must
establish conceptual, logical and physical design solutions in a
scalable manner to deliver modern experiences leveraging next
generation architecture practices and emerging technologies which
align to CO-OP and industry standards.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Support CO-OP's project delivery by providing high level
estimates for project efforts.
- Ensures alignment of enterprise application architecture to the
company's business strategy.
- Create, maintain and manage IT architecture models and their
- Define function designs and application systems architecture
across all technologies and platforms.
- Designs an applications technical infrastructure approach and
provides consultative services on projects focused on architectural
compliance, development and implementation of strategic
- Develop Proof of Concepts to validate approved decisions.
- Provides technical leadership and assistance to other team
members to ensure project completion and user satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain cross system applications architecture
models, views, and documentation.
- Create, maintain, and document enterprise wide
- Reviews solutions and recommended technology assets as part of
an Enterprise Architecture Review Board member.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training and work
- Minimum of 8-10 years overall experience in a professional and
technical capacity including various architecture disciplines, IT,
business operations and project estimation.
- Familiarity with multiple programming languages, application
testing strategies, analysis and design.
- Well rounded understanding of technology from App Dev, Data,
Infrastructure and Security.
- Understanding/experience of compliance audits and associated
solutions (PCI, SOC, NCUA, etc).
- Familiarity with software development lifecycles including
- Experience operationalizing new solutions and determining
appropriate parties to perform on-going day to day support
- 2+ years direct experience working with cloud and hybrid-cloud
based technology solutions including 1 year experience with PaaS
based software solutions.
- 5-10 years of software development experience.
- Fundamental understanding of networking.
- Experience with micro service design and understanding of
Mulesoft, experience using Mulesoft preferred.
- 6 months or more experience with Microsoft Azure.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee
feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where
every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that
our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of
this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent
thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a
strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of
People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own
core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and
the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million
debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and
more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological
ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year
and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement
and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement. PI128164540
Keywords: CO-OP Financial Services, Des Moines , Solutions Architect, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!