Supervisor, Application Development
Company: CO-OP Financial Services
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: January 7, 2021
The Opportunity:We are seeking a talented Supervisor,
Application Development to, with the department director, ensure
that the daily department operations are functioning in the IT
Application Development area, which includes but is not limited to
operational efficiencies and internal enhancements to applications,
security, trouble shooting, and support of enterprise application.
Helps coach and mentor staff to support and follow the company
culture and policies. Leads in the Agile/Scrum transformation
including potentially acting as Scrum Master. Partners with the
internal and external clients to ensure that customer service
standards, training, and quality controls are successfully making
the team Trusted Advisors.
- This position will start remotely and then will become is
on-site after it is safe to return to the office. That means that
the person in this position is expected to work in our physical
office location after COVID subsides.What You Can Look Forward to:
- Lead an IT Application programming area (team)
- Facilitate on a scrum team
- Mentor team members as to what Scrum is and how it works
- Work with IT and Business leaders to manage and set priorities,
workflow, and documentation for the support team.
- Coaching of team members
- Impediment Manager removing obstacles so the scrum team can
- Escalation point for internal or external clients in regards to
technology infrastructure operations
- Represents application development/operations in key meetings
and teams, including pre-contract sales demonstrations,
cross-functional teams and management meetings.
- Assist with review and approval of key technology
- Monitor and report appropriate service level expectations
relative to various processes and products.
- Monthly service level reports; SLA's and SLE's
- Review and help set objectives for the strategic technology
plan, other business planning and the budgeting processes
- Work with other department managers to ensure adequate levels
of staff resources, training/training plans and documentation are
available for company initiatives.
- Ensure superior customer satisfaction levels are
- Foster and facilitate constructive interaction between
technology infrastructure operations team, other team members and
other company departments.
- Identify areas for process improvements, seek and propose
- Directs developmental efforts of application development teams
to provides leadership to department and staff
- Leadership and support to staff, delegating when opportunity
- Team building by involving others in planning, empowering staff
to make decisions
- Recognition/celebration for accomplishments
- Adequate resources for staff (equipment, supplies, etc.)
- Ensure that employees receive needed training to perform
- Assist the team in managing areas of conflict.
- Performance Management
- Provide employee performance planning, counseling and
- Set clear performance expectations and goals
- Set development objectives and training plans as needed
- Monitor and evaluate employee progress
- Review and maintain accurate JAQ's
- Ensure employees are developing every year
- Establish and maintain open communications with staff
- Give honest and timely feedback
- Conduct a standard department meeting
- Listen to employees needs
- Create an atmosphere of trust
- Support and enforce company policies and procedures, including
PTO, overtime, e-mail, voice mail, and security
- Manage the hiring process, disciplinary action, and termination
procedures with assistance from Human Resources
- Develop and maintain department standard operating
- Responsible for overall quality and success of technology
infrastructure operations process and product.
- Oversee management of the development, beta and production
system environments to ensure that proper procedures are
- Ensure timely completion of projects that meet our company's
and clients' business objectives.
- Develop and maintain a standard operations and support
methodology to be followed in the infrastructure process, which
includes scope development and making sure all staff are trained on
- Exercise leadership and communication skills
- Work as a valued member with various cross-organization teams
to foster company-wide goals and initiatives.
- Model and foster a leadership culture throughout the
organization which enables growth and development of all
- Ability to successfully interact with executive management,
sales, marketing and operations areas.
- Ability to work with clients when necessary to facilitate
- Willingly participate in the management team process. Actively
engage in the Leadership Development Plan. Encourage employees to
participate in organization activities.
- Actively supports CO-OP's strategic future, culture and
- Customer-centric - works to understand the customer's
- Embraces Change - understands change is necessary
- Attention to Detail
- Thoroughness in accomplishing a task.
- Accountable for checking information and picking up
inconsistencies and mistakes.
- Plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
- Identifies ways to improve processes/situations
- Takes responsibility for improvements or solving problems
- Sets own standards above prevailing standards
- Shows dissatisfaction with substandard or inefficient
- Interpersonal Skills
- Socially capable - communicates and interacts confidently,
reads the situation;
- Empathetic and can evaluate likely reactions;
- Results Oriented
- Ability to focus on and prioritize impactful business
- Regularly refocuses on results;
- Personally accountable for choices, decisions and outcomes.
- Champions and collaborates on enterprise-wide initiatives and
teams, bringing an owner's perspective.
- Keep up with emerging technologies, platforms and processes so
as to be in a position to assist in the evaluation of new
technologies that may be available for use in the development
- Research and report on what other competitors and our business
partners are using for technology solutions.
- Research and recommend new technology tools which would create
value and/or efficiencies for our internal or external
- Work with other technology staff members to facilitate ideas
for new technology tools, processes or platforms.
- Adhere to Agile principles and philosophies (Scrum or Kanban,
as applicable) in fulfillment of the role.
- Collaborate within the direct team in accordance with Team
Agreement, Definition of Ready, and Definition of Done.
- Work as a cross-functional team member in an Agile setting to
help complete and deliver the team commitments.
- Collaborate across teams and across business areas in the
spirit of an Agile mindset.
- Fulfill the role in the spirit of the Agile Manifesto, with
emphasis on delivery of incremental value with frequent iterations
and feedback loops.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Actively supports and embraces our core values of Work as
Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence
and Champion Change in all interactions.What You--ll Need to
- BS in Computer Science / Computer Information Systems or
equivalent degree plus 8-10 years previous development experience,
or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Completion of high school or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Modern OS architecture concepts and communications
- Experience with software development methodologies, design and
- Experience with the entire development process, including
specification, documentation and quality assurance.
- In-depth knowledge of finance and credit card systems.
- Experience with coding in more than two development languages
C#, SQL, VB.NET, Java Script, React.js, Mulesoft, or ASP.NET, etc.
and be proficient in those languages.
- Experience with web development environments (Windows Server,
IIS, WebSphere or Apache).
- Experience working with C#/VB.NET, ASP.NET, database design and
- Ability to do research and analysis, project planning and
implementation. Understanding and awareness of business issues as
they impact overall project plans.
- Great verbal and written communications skills, with an ability
to express and document complex technical concepts in business
terms. Person must be able to communicate effectively verbally and
in writing with technical staff, non-technical staff, end-users for
requirements gathering, testing, training, and outcome validation.
Good English-language skills, both verbal and written.
- Good team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills and
ability to work effectively in a cross-functional project team
- Fundamental understanding of concepts of project planning and
project management techniques to assist in small projects and/or
- Understanding of core business processes is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft
Visual Studio Team Services preferred.Why Join CO-OP?:CO-OP is
committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels
valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where
every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that
our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of
this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent
thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a
strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of
People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own
core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and
the products that we deliver.With more than 35 years of industry
leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most
comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation.
CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing
payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to
help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently
provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while
delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.CO-OP
serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit
and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more
than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological
ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year
and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement
and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.The Perks:
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Keywords: CO-OP Financial Services, Des Moines , Supervisor, Application Development, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!