HIM Operations Coodinator
Company: UnityPoint Health
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Overview:The Coordinator of Health Information Management (HIM)
supports HIM Management with activities such as collecting,
aggregating and maintaining data necessary to accomplish the
quality and productivity objectives of the HIM Operation sections.
This person is responsible for being knowledgeable about the
electronic medical record systems, providing education to all
employees, and documentation/tracking of workflows and procedures.
Requires ability to work independently, possess problem-solving
skills outside the norm of routine production work, requiring an
ability to analyze, troubleshoot and perform data validation of a
variety of processes and systems that impact HIM performance.
Assists HIM Management with projects to meet department and
hospital wide objectives. The result of successful performance of
these duties is necessary to create a favorable work environment
and achieve high quality medical record
- Performs and ensures the completion of timely, quality
assurance activities/audits and identifies problems.
- Coordinates and works with clinical areas and other departments
to ensure that errors are corrected within the Legal Health Record
in a timely manner.
- Modify work schedule to accommodate work needs for all
- Assist with coordinating workflow and aligning resources when
necessary to ensure timeliness requirements are met.
- Provides training/education to all regional HIM employees
including all shifts.
- Maintains documentation of staff training for HIM
- Assists HIM Management with updating and maintain policies &
procedures, training manuals/guidelines, and workflows for the HIM
- Monitors and reports staff productivity results to
- Aggregates, compiles, and maintains data from time
- Maintains KPI data for HIM Operations and report TAT not met
- Works with HIM Management to order office supplies.
- Performs release of information.
- Coordinates and tracks all incoming and outgoing off-site
- Assists HIM Management with projects to meet department and
- Coordinate section meetings including the agenda and provide
meeting minutes.Customer Service
- Serve as a subject matter expert and resource on HIM Operations
- Ability to redirect staff in job assignments/priorities of the
workload if the need arises.
- In the absence of management may provide staff support for
- Resolve customer service compliants or concers in a timely and
- Maintain knowledge of principles and processes for providing
customer and personal services. This includes customer needs
assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation
of customer satisfaction.Qualifications:Education:
- High School graduate or GED equivalent.
- Completion of Medical Terminology course preferred.Experience:
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in healthcare.
- Previous experience working with quality assurance
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or
Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) preferred or
obtained with one year of experience in HIM.
- EPIC Credentialed trainer certificate must be obtained within 1
year of hire.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Must possess strong analytical skills to perform work
assignments requiring attention to detail, confidentiality,
precision and accuracy in accordance with set deadlines.
- Ability to compile, interpret and utilize statistical
- Ability to perform most functions in the department.
- Knowledgeable about the legal aspects of documentation and
- Knowledgeable of regulatory and compliance practices, specific
to state and federal requirements, related to health
- Knowledgeable of privacy and security regulations related to
confidentiality, access, and release of information practices.
- Must have moderate or advanced computer experience and
proficiently navigate multiple hospital software systems (i.e.
Windows based experience, SharePoint, Microsoft Office
applications, electronic medical records, etc.)
- Good organizational and multitasking skills. The ability to
work in an organized, efficient, and process-oriented manner.
- The ability to perform assigned functions with minimal
direction in accordance with established set departmental
- The ability to apply and follow record keeping procedures to
maintain and process data.
- Ability to respond to information requests in a courteous,
timely and helpful manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, demonstrating
an ability to accurately relay information to/from management,
co-workers, physicians, and other hospital personnel in an
understandable, polite and succinct manner.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English
- Type a minimum of 40 words per minute with 95% accuracy, and
proficient in 10 keys.
Keywords: UnityPoint Health, Des Moines , HIM Operations Coodinator, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!