Mortgage Loan Officer III
Company: GreenState Credit Union
Posted on: February 25, 2021
GreenState Credit UnionMortgage Loan Officer
IIIUS-IA-UrbandaleJob ID: 2Type: Exempt Full-Time# of Openings:
1Category: MortgageGreenState Credit UnionOverview Come join an
aggressive institution that focuses on purchase volume! Join us in
helping make a difference for our members every day with every
interaction! GreenState is seeking a Mortgage Loan Officer to
originate mortgage real estate loans and develop mortgage business.
Candidates will be highly motivated, have the ability to multi-task
in a fast-paced environment, and have a strong desire to provide
outstanding service to our membership. Previous mortgage lending
experience is required. The position requires a flexible schedule
to accomplish the workload and meet the needs of members and staff.
As a Mortgage Loan Officer you will create, collect, analyze, and
exercise sound judgment by advising members on mortgage loan
options. You will regularly and proactively seek new business and
build a strong pipeline. This role also requires you to maintain
organization of your lending portfolio, along with meeting
necessary regulatory deadlines. As this position is 100% commission
paid, the selected candidate must be comfortable with and willing
to commit significant time calling on prospective members. The
ability and willingness to regularly identify and follow up with
referral sources is essential. Compensation in this position is
commissioned and features a lucrative incentive opportunity. The
GreenState offers an outstanding benefits package, including a
401(k) plan with strong match feature; health, dental, life and
disability coverage; as well as a generous paid time off program.
Responsibilities Performs essential duties and responsibilities in
the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those
listed and are subject to change.
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards
in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external)
focus at all times, greeting members and guests with a smile and
eye contact immediately upon their arrival, using their name or
acknowledging them, and thanking them for their business.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in
the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating
in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored
events on an annual basis.
- Explains the mortgage loan application process and products to
the membership. Services by phone or in person the need for answers
to inquiries pertaining to mortgage rates, mortgage programs,
payments, daily rates, points, and etc.
- Conducts mortgage loan application interviews assisting
applicants in the completion of application.
- Gathers all required applicant information, including
collecting, analyzing and advising members on best options to
assure proper processing.
- Reviews applications, exercises judgment and renders loan
decision for pre-approval/denial.
- Works with Underwriters in meeting their guidelines and
obtaining loan approval.
- Is responsible for ensuring that all necessary documentation is
in the loan files, including regulatory compliance items.
- With this position, it is customary to make regular outside
sales calls to both prospective members and referral sources.
Building relationships with realtors, builders are others that
interact with the financial industry is crucial to ensure the
ability to hit specific production targets. This may include such
things as office calls, lunches or evening receptions as a way to
generate future loan prospects. The majority of such calls will
take place outside of the employee's place of business many of
which may extend outside normal work hours.
- Works with mortgage processing department when necessary to
ensure final documentation is received by the investors in a timely
- Assists to ensure that the various federal reporting documents
are delivered in a timely manner, to include the borrowers 1098,
sellers 1099, interest reported to the IRS, and the HMDA
- Assists in any necessary training and development needed within
the GreenState Mortgage Loan department.
- Adheres to all state, federal and credit union regulations,
policies and guidelines.
- Coaches, trains, and mentors Mortgage Loan Sales
- Ability, availability, and willingness to work flexible hours
to accomplish work load. During periods of peak demand and at other
times, job will require a non-traditional workweek with extra hours
including evening and/or weekend duties.
- Ability and willingness to network in the community. This is
essential to build potential member base as well as referral
sources for future business.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and organize work
efficiently, to handle large volumes of details.
- Interpersonal skills to represent the credit union in a
positive way during member contact.
- Must obtain Safe Act requirements.
- Excellent figure aptitude.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Ability to operate related computer applications.
- Knowledge of procedures, forms, secondary market guidelines and
regulations as they relate to mortgage lending.
- Knowledge and procedures of Real Estate purchasing and
- Ability and desire to call on the Realtors and make sales
- Ability to deal tactfully and efficiently with members and
co-workers on a professional level.
- High school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED.) with five years
of previous mortgage experience.
- Must be bondable.
- Must be registered pursuant to requirements of the S.A.F.E.
Act. Reporting RelationshipReports to Senior Vice
President/Mortgage Lending or Vice President/Mortgage Sales
ManagerSupervisory ResponsibilitiesThis position is not responsible
for the supervision of other employees but as the mentor to the
Mortgage Associate they will have feedback on monthly coaching
sessions with their supervisors as well as input into their annual
review.Equal Opportunity Employment StatementGreenState Credit
Union is an EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly
encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities
to apply for openings with the credit union.
Keywords: GreenState Credit Union, Des Moines , Mortgage Loan Officer III, Other , Urbandale, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!