Company: CO-OP Financial Services
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: February 25, 2021
US-IL-SpringfieldReq No. 2020-7109Category ProfessionalType
We are seeking a talented Data Architect to serve as a data
management subject matter expert and is responsible for designing,
creating, deploying and managing the organization's data
architecture. The Data Architect Lead is responsible for ensuring
the organization's data assets are in line with the defined data
architecture and with the goals of the business. In order to
accomplish this, the data architect will work collaboratively with
a cross section of technical and non-technical users.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Providing leadership and guidance with enterprise data
- Revising data dictionary definitions, governance practices, and
- Creating and maintaining enterprise conceptual, logical, and
physical data models.
- Creating data models that conform to existing standards and
- Evaluating and recommending new and emerging data management
and storage technologies and standards.
- Ensuring consistency between data management, enterprise
storage and all other technical system components.
- Create and maintain a corporate repository of all data
- Adhere to Agile principles and philosophies (Scrum or Kanban,
as applicable) in fulfillment of the role.
- Collaborate within the direct team in accordance with Team
Agreement, Definition of Ready, and Definition of Done.
- Work as a cross-functional team member in an Agile setting to
help complete and deliver the team commitments.
- Collaborate across teams and across business areas in the
spirit of an Agile mindset.
- Fulfill the role in the spirit of the Agile Manifesto, with
emphasis on delivery of incremental value with frequent iterations
and feedback loops.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Data Science, Data Management,
Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent
training and/or experience.
- 7-10 years of experience with information technology programs
and services, with at least 5 years demonstrated expertise in
enterprise data management and related technologies.
- Data management best practices and trends.
- Experience with Data Science and Analytics technologies
- Experience with Data Bricks is a huge plus
- Expert knowledge of enterprise data management technologies,
including database platforms such as SQL Server and Oracle, ETL
tools, and SQL.
- Understanding of information systems and data life-cycle
management best practices and methodologies, such as systems
development life cycle (SDLC).
- Agile development methodology and concepts.
- Knowledge of emerging data managements trends such as NoSQL/Big
Data, streaming data, etc.
- Common data architecture patterns such as entity-relationship
and dimensional modeling.
- Master Data Management (MDM) concepts and strategies for
- Financial Services industry knowledge preferred.
- Data modeling tools such as ERwin, Toad Data Modeler, E/R
- Expert T-SQL, SQL, or PL/SQL.
- Snowflake/Talend /Azure or AWS cloud.
- Generate visualizations of simple to complex processes.
- Able to explain technical concepts in a concise manner to
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Visio.
- Advanced communication skills and customer relationship
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee
feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where
every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that
our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of
this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent
thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a
strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of
People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own
core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and
the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million
debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and
more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological
ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year
and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement
and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement. PI129790073
Keywords: CO-OP Financial Services, Des Moines , Data Architect, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!