IT Quality Assurance Intern- Summer 2021
Company: CO-OP Financial Services
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: April 10, 2021
US-IA-Des MoinesReq No. 2021-7301Category InternshipType
We are seeking a talented IT Quality Assurance Analyst Intern to
carry out basic quality assurance processes; assist in developing
test plans and test cases from functional specifications and
business requirements, executing test cases, tracking software
defects and verifying the software fixes. This includes unit,
integration, system, regression and UAT. This role partners closely
with other QA members, business analysts, software development and
the stakeholders of the business. It is essential to ensuring
on-time and on-budget delivery of new and enhanced business
capabilities that meet or exceed expectations.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Work closely with analysts, developers and engineers to assist
writing test plans, estimates and schedules to support project and
- Assist in developing Test Plans and test cases from Functional
specifications and business requirements.
- Executing Test Cases that follow best practice standards
(manual) producing documented results that determine the release
readiness of products or features.
- Assist in troubleshooting of quality issues.
- Actively Supports culture and leadership practices.
- Proactively pursues development opportunities and show expected
progress on learning plan.
- Utilize templates, tools, metrics and best practices to verify
that products meet business and user requirements.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with internal business
partners to understand appropriate business requirements.
- Partners with business and IT to support testing for
- Ensure there is an understanding of work effort, timelines and
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- 12 completed semester hours at college or university,
preferably in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA.
- Previous internship and/or work experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team demonstrated through
involvement with student organizations, community involvement, work
experience, or other activities.
- Possess high motivation and self-direction, sound problem
solving skills, decision making and multi- tasking skills.
- Ability to think analytically to solve problems individually
and in a team environment.
- Ability to listen, understand, and respond to external and
internal customers' needs in a timely manner.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee
feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where
every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that
our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of
this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent
thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a
strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of
People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own
core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and
the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million
debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and
more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological
ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year
and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement
and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Keywords: CO-OP Financial Services, Des Moines , IT Quality Assurance Intern- Summer 2021, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!