Accountant/Human Resource Coordinator
Company: Dickinson, Mackaman, Tyler & Hagen P.C.
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: May 6, 2021
The Accountant/Human Resource Coordinator will help support the
financial operations of the firm, which include client billings,
accounts payable, and accounts receivable. The position will also
help with many aspects of human resource functions including
payroll processing, assist in administrative benefit and
wellness-related issues, aid in updating employee policies and
policy compliance. This position will report to the Director of
Finance. Job Requirements: "Essential functions" are primarily job
duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with
some reasonable accommodation made by the employer.
- Prepares draft statements and invoices for attorneys, including
the set up and generation of electronic invoices and
- Produces monthly reminder statements.
- Generates cash report for shareholders and accounting
- Processes client credit card payments.
- Assists with accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Coordinates trust deposits, withdrawals, disbursement letters,
- Manages time entry records.-- Prepares and distributes weekly
missing time report.
- Runs and responds to conflict checks.--
- Completes final intake of new clients and matters.
- Responds to routine requests for accounting information.
- Assists with payroll processing and coordinates employee
- Support HR programs related to recruiting, onboarding,
performance management, benefits, and training.
- Aid in the development and implementation of personnel policies
- Maintain department records, reports and personnel
- Provides assistance with annual benefit renewal and resolving
- Work on various tasks to ensure appropriate outcomes throughout
the employee life cycle.
- Assists with departmental special projects.
- Provides back-up for Director of Finance as needed.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as assigned.--
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in
accounting or business or the equivalent of five years of
experience in a similar professional service industry. -- -- -- --
----Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with
a diverse group of attorneys, staff, and clients and respond to
inquiries with courtesy and tact while safeguarding
- Strong mathematical, analytical and reasoning skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete
them under time constraints with multiple interruptions.
- --Strong verbal and written communication skills.--
Keywords: Dickinson, Mackaman, Tyler & Hagen P.C., Des Moines , Accountant/Human Resource Coordinator, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!