Senior Application Developer
Company: Farm Bureau Financial Services
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Sr. Application DeveloperFarm Bureau Financial Services is
seeking a Sr. Application Developer to join our Finance Solutions
team. As a Sr. Application Developer in our organization, you will
be the primary technical resource for Informatica ETL development.
This knowledge will span across various SAP Enterprise Resource
Planning Applications. This position will be a secondary support
for other analytical and reporting tools supported by the Finance
Solutions team. The successful candidate will have experience with
insurance or financial data processing and can communicate
effectively at various levels of the organization.Who We Are: With
Farm Bureau Financial Services, our client/members can feel
confident knowing their family, home, cars and other property are
protected. We value a culture where integrity, teamwork, passion,
service, leadership, and accountability are at the heart of every
decision we make and every action we take. We're proud of our more
than 80-year commitment to protecting the livelihoods and futures
of our client/members and creating an atmosphere where our
employees thrive. What You'll Do:
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of software
applications that support our Finance business partners in the
organization. Includes developing application code, testing
completed applications and key documentation.
- Work closely with internal and external IT teams and business
partners to define requirements, scope and design options.
- Responsible for comparing advantages and disadvantages of
custom development and providing recommendations.
- Responsible for providing 24-hour support for production
systems as a part of on-call rotation. Assist in determining the
causes of system problems.
- Responsible for providing guidance and direction to development
staff and consultants on technical matters.
- Provide technical leadership for projects and initiatives,
including acting as Dev Lead for projects.
- Collaborate with peers to ensure that solution designs are
rationalized and integrated across IT functions and business
units.What It Takes to Join Our Team:
- College degree or equivalent, plus three to five years of
- 1-3 years of Informatica ETL experience preferred.
- Experience with C# and ABAP preferred but not required.
- Strong communication, problem solving, analytical, and
organizational skills to interact with business partners and
explain technical issues.
- Ability to collaborate within a team environment with changing
priorities and time pressures.
- Experience with Agile a plus.Work
Authorization/SponsorshipApplicants must be currently authorized to
work in the United States on a full-time basis. We are not able to
sponsor now or in the future, or take over sponsorship of, an
employment visa or work authorization for this role. For example,
we are not able to sponsor OPT status.What We Offer You: When
you're on our team, you get more than a great paycheck. You'll hear
about career development and educational opportunities. We offer an
enhanced 401K with a match, low cost health, dental, and vision
benefits, and life and disability insurance options. We also offer
paid time off, including holidays and volunteer time, and teams who
know how to have fun. You will also have access to a wellness
facility with fitness classes and programs, a daycare center, a
cafeteria, and a medical clinic. Farm Bureau---.where the grass
really IS greener!
Keywords: Farm Bureau Financial Services, Des Moines , Senior Application Developer, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!