RN - 5 South Medical Surgical Nephrology/Urology/Colorectal/Trauma
Company: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center
Location: DES MOINES
Posted on: June 11, 2021
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit, Catholic
medical centers in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Newton, and
Centerville and two specialty hospitals - MercyOne Children's
Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in
Clive (965 beds total) - along with more than 20 additional
facilities that house more than 50 primary care, pediatric,
internal medicine, and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of
Mercy in 1893, MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually
operating hospital in Des Moines and is one of the largest
employers in the state, with more than 7,000 employees and a
medical staff of more than 1,000 physicians and allied health
associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne, founded
in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and
Trinity Health - two of the country's foremost, not-for-profit
Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20,000
colleagues in Iowa and the surrounding states.
Our 5 South unit is a fast-paced med/surg unit caring for
acutely ill adults specializing in urology, nephrology, trauma, and
colorectal surgery. Because of our many specialties, you will be
challenged daily and develop a wide variety of nursing knowledge
and have the opportunity to practice your vast skills.
MercyOne also provides you with the quality care you provide to
others. We care about our employees' well-being and offer benefits
that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your
- Care@Work program supporting any child care, pet care, or adult
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and
- Adoption Assistance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
As an RN with us, you will provide individualized, high-quality
nursing care to patients of all ages. Utilizing a team approach,
you will delegate and coordinate patient care at admission,
transfer, and discharge.
- Assesses, plans, and implements nursing care while ensuring
- Continues to evaluate assigned patients and provides ongoing
- Anticipates, identifies, and responds to the educational and
emotional needs of patients and families.
- Guides and directs healthcare personnel (i.e., Patient Care
Technicians) in caring for patients.
- Initiates emergency support measures (i.e., cardiopulmonary
resuscitation, protecting patient from injury, etc.).
- Serves in a charge/leadership role based on skill and unit
- Provides orientation/education for staff, students, and other
hospital and community organizations as requested
- Possession of a current or compact state license as a
Registered Nurse issued/defined by the State of Iowa.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter - Child and/or
Dependent Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of
- Basic Life Support certified within six (6) weeks of hire.
- Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include
American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and
American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare
related skills: primary care triage, triage algorithms, team
based patient care, psychology, elderly care, adult population,
treatment planning, inpatient, outpatient, acute care, patient
care, clinical education, patient education, positive outcomes,
telemetry, tele, medical surgical, medical-surgical, med/surg,
med-surg, medsurg, med-surg tele, med/surg tele, medical telemetry
staff, electronic medical records (emr), assessment, admission,
discharge, clinic, cardiac, vitals, vital signs, care team,
treatment plan, acute care, critical access, pulse ox, oxygen,
vent, ventilator, respiratory, lung, breathing, acute care,
critical access, clinic, staff nurse, medical unit, chronic
obstructive pulmonary disease, copd, iv, utilization management,
cardio pulmonary, rn, registered nurse, nursing jobs, ortho,
orthopedics, trauma, des moines, iowa, #missioncritical
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Keywords: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center, Des Moines , RN - 5 South Medical Surgical Nephrology/Urology/Colorectal/Trauma, Other , DES MOINES, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!