Clinical Education Specialist - Nursing Education
Company: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center
Location: DES MOINES
Posted on: June 11, 2021
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit, Catholic
medical centers in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Newton and
Centerville and two specialty hospitals - MercyOne Children's
Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in
Clive (965 beds total) - along with more than 20 additional
facilities that house more than 50 primary care, pediatric,
internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of
Mercy in 1893, MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually
operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest
employers in the state, with more than 7,000 employees and a
medical staff of more than 1,000 physicians and allied health
associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne, which
was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit
Health and Trinity Health - two of the country's foremost,
not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more
than 20,000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
MercyOne also provides you with the quality care you provide to
others. We care about our employees well-being and offer benefits
that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your
- Care@Work program supporting any child care, pet care, or adult
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and
- Adoption Assistance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
Responsible for nursing program/course development and classroom
instruction, which encompasses assessment, problem identification,
planning, implementation, and evaluation. Acts as an educational
consultant for teaching programs and projects. Is an expert
practice nurse and provides leadership to nursing, at the unit
service line and organizational level.
- Functions as an expert clinician in a specialty or subspecialty
of nursing practice (i.e. acute care, geriatrics, critical care,
- Determines and appraises patient specific and population-based
programs of care (i.e. NRP, ECCO, NOEP, POEP, ENA, Periop,
- Assists in identifying needs for new standards, policies,
guidelines and procedures within the organization and across
systems. Functions as a change agent by identifying the needs,
competencies, strengths, and opportunities to improve critical
thinking, interpersonal, and technical skills.
- Develops educational plans and learning resources. Provides
orientation/education for staff, students, and community
organizations as requested and in accordance with adult learning
- Provide frequent feedback in order to build knowledge and
levels of competency in clinical practice.
- Facilitates evidence-based practice by bringing nursing
research to the point of care.
- Serves as a mentor to assist in the development of professional
- Advises, collaborates, translates, integrates, and evaluates
research that is in the literature and/or in progress within the
organization through practice, education, and reflective discussion
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the Iowa Nurse Practice Act,
Joint Commission, and American Nurses Association accepted
standards of nursing practice.
- Serves as a resource in area of specialty and collaborates with
interdisciplinary teams. Maintains a broad base of current clinical
and theoretical concepts of professional nursing practice within
the area of specialty/focus.
- Utilizes information technology for data input, analysis,
retrieval and program development and presentation.
- Collaborates with leaders to oversee and support on-boarding
and orientation plan for new hires.
- Maintains clinical competence by providing nursing care to
patients; includes assessment, planning, implementing, and
evaluation the patient's care plan in coordination with the
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Current State of Iowa licensed registered nurse.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required or actively enrolled in
an MSN program. Degree in Nursing Education preferred. Master's
Degree must be obtained within five years of hire.
- Minimum three years acute care clinical nursing
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Keywords: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center, Des Moines , Clinical Education Specialist - Nursing Education, Other , DES MOINES, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!