Company: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center
Location: DES MOINES
Posted on: June 12, 2021
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic
Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700
care sites across the U. S. & from clinics and hospitals to
home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is
accessible to nearly one out of every four U. S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities
advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how
and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in
- Under the direction of a pathologist or pathologist's
assistant, performs gross description and specimen dissection of
simple surgical specimens and prepares/fixes semi-complex surgical
- Processes cytology specimens under supervision of
- Performs instrument maintenance according to established
- Assists pathologist and pathologist's assistants in performance
of autopsies, and frozen sections.
- Responsible for the maintenance and functionality of the
- Registers patients in Atlas system and accessions cases in
- Identifies and logs specimens with incorrect, discrepant, or
missing information, and resolves in partnership with the
- Monitor pending logs and resolve outstanding orders in a timely
- Discards surgical tissue according to policy.
- Files slides and blocks.
- Assists with training new employees.
- Maintains supply inventories.
- Supports and utilizes LEAN principles and standard work.
- An earned associate degree in a laboratory science or medical
laboratory technology, obtained from an accredited
Education/training equivalent to the above that includes at
least 60 semester hours or equivalent from an accredited
institution. This education must include 24 semester hours of
medical laboratory technology courses OR 24 semester hours of
science courses that includes 6 semester hours of chemistry, 6
semester hours of biology, and 12 semester hours of chemistry,
biology, or medical laboratory technology in any combination.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated personal computer skills.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Keywords: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center, Des Moines , Pathology Technician, Other , DES MOINES, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!