Company: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center
Location: DES MOINES
Posted on: June 11, 2021
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic
Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700
care sites across the U. S. & from clinics and hospitals to
home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is
accessible to nearly one out of every four U. S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities
advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how
and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in
- Uses educational and technical expertise to troubleshoot issues
related to specimen quality, instrument/method performance and
analytical interferences to ensure patient results match clinical
- Assists and supports quality management systems and performance
- Works independently, organizing work to meet established
deadlines and records.
- Maintains supply inventories.
- Trains new employees and acts as a preceptor for medical
laboratory science students.
- Operates laboratory information systems, personal computers,
and instrument-related computer software.
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external
Functions specific to West Lakes Lab, Blood Bank,
Hematology, Chemistry and Microbiology Sections:
- Performs complex laboratory procedures utilized for the
diagnosis and treatment of disease as appropriate for patient age
to include neonates, infants, children, adolescents, adults, and
geriatric adults; recognizes deviation from expected results;
analyzes and corrects problems using scientific principles.
- Analyzes quality control data, makes judgments concerning the
results, and takes appropriate action to maintain test accuracy and
- Performs preventive maintenance and basic troubleshooting of
instrumentation and equipment.
- Performs new instrument or procedure implementation and
- May be assigned to assume duties of charge technologist in
absence of supervisor/manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or in Chemistry,
Biology or related field.
- One-year clinical internship in a National Accrediting Agency
for Clinical Laboratory
Science (NAACLS) accredited clinical laboratory science program
or approved alternate
career path that meets certification eligibility
- Certification in one of the following:
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical Technologist (MT)
by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP).
- Medical Technologist (MT) by the American Medical Technologists
- Medical Technologist (MT) by the American Association of
- A person may be hired into this position if he/she has
completed the educational requirements and is eligible for the
certification exam. The exam must be successfully completed within
six (6) months of hire.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Keywords: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center, Des Moines , Med Technologist, Other , DES MOINES, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!