Licensed Mental Health Therapist (LMHC, LMSW, LISW, LMHT) - School Based
Company: UnityPoint Health
Location: Fort Dodge
Posted on: June 11, 2021
UnityPoint Health - Fort Dodge
Licensed Mental Health Therapist (LMHC, LMSW, LISW, LMHT) -
FTE: 1.0 (Full-time, 40 hours per week)Shift: Monday - Friday
8am - 5pm
- Processes referrals in a prompt, thorough manner.
- Interviews patients, families, and community agencies
representatives to obtain a comprehensive mental health evaluation
and makes appropriate treatment recommendations
- Responsible for providing individual, couple, family and group
services to meet patient and their
- family/significant others' social and emotional needs.
- Provides immediate intervention including supportive counseling
to patient/family/significant other in dealing with impact of an
- Documents evaluations and ongoing services for patient's
medical record in a timely manner.
- Works cooperatively with referral agencies in coordinating
- Facilitate support groups for behavioral health as needed.
- Provides in-services to the community as requested.
- Adheres to the Social Work Code of Ethics.
- Maintains effective communication/working relationships with
co-workers, management, physicians and other professionals by
communicating in an efficient, professional and courteous
- Participates in educational activities, performance improvement
activities, Center committees, and other related activities when
- Demonstrates behaviors that support MHC and THS
- Attends and participates in Interdisciplinary Team (IDT)
- Maintains compliance with Human Resources policies and
procedures including the dress code.
- Assists with development and implementation of new programs
within Behavioral Health area.
- May practice on any Center site without on-site supervision by
Minimum of a Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling or a
related field from an accredited school
Licensed as an LMSW, LISW, LMFT, PsyD in the State of Iowa
A minimum of two years previous counseling experience in
Good communication skills, Knowledge and experience in good
Ability to understand medical terminology and communicate
effectively with persons of diverse backgrounds, age, disabilities,
and education levels required.
Individual must demonstrate knowledge, skills, and abilities to
provide services to the child, adolescent, adult and/or geriatric
Keywords: UnityPoint Health, Des Moines , Licensed Mental Health Therapist (LMHC, LMSW, LISW, LMHT) - School Based, Other , Fort Dodge, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!