Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Title: Line Cook FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Market Grille Revision Date: 04/2021
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service.
Prepares various foods for the Hickory House and is responsible for
all hot foods and cold foods including available heat-and-eat
Accountable and Reports to: District Store Director; Store
Manager; Assistant Manager of Store Operations, Perishables, and
Health Wellness Home; Food Service Manager; Market Grille Manager;
Assistant Market Grille Manager;
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products for which they're looking
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
- Answers the telephone promptly when called upon and provides
friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
- Prepares the cooking surfaces.
- Prepares vegetables, sides, meats, breakfast foods And all menu
- Places food in hot cases, monitors amounts, and refills as
- Knowledgeable of all menu items and able to take guests'
- Prepares items for the umcoming shifts.
- Ensures personal understanding of all aspects of the Hickory
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and
ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct customer service when necessary.
- Orders product and supplies when necessary or notifies
department head of needs.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Education and Experience:
High school or equivalent experience. Six months or less of
similar or related work experience.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally; up to 20 pounds of force frequently; and up to 10
pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and
field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of
variables with limited standardization; interpret
- Must have the ability to do simple addition and subtraction;
copying figures, counting and recording.
- Must have the ability to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions, write identifying information, and
request supplies orally or in writing.
This position is frequently exposed to a cool and warm
environment, dampness, noise from equipment, and vibrations from
some equipment. There are possible equipment movement hazards from
slicers and choppers. There is daily exposure to cleaning chemicals
and solvents. This is a fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Grill, toaster, coffee machine, oven, steamer, chopper, hot
case, kitchen utensils, knives, stove, chicken roaster, can opener,
Telexon ordering unit, and C.A.R.S. reordering system.
Deals with customers on a daily basis.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Des Moines , Line Cook, Other , Indianola, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!