Occupational Therapy Assistant
Company: Blue Stone Therapy Solutions
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Are you passionate about enhancing lives? Seeking a PRN COTA in
the Newton area!
Blue Stone Therapy is a leading specialist in SNF Therapy
Services. We provide leading edge, skilled, outpatient and acute
contract services and management to Midwest rural and urban
markets. Our focus is to deliver optimal, individualized
rehabilitation by highly skilled professional therapists while
developing long-term partnerships between our staff and the
communities we serve.
Our purpose is "Building Strength to Enhance Lives". The future
is now. Apply today!
The Occupational Therapy Assistant assists directly and
indirectly with the delivery of occupational therapy treatment
interventions and services, under the general supervision of the
Occupational Therapist, and as outlined by an established treatment
plan and in accordance with state practice guidelines. This
position provides direct patient care to primarily adult and
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but not limited to)
- Provides therapeutic treatment in accordance with the patients'
established plan of care with a focus on functional and measurable
- Maintains appropriate patient schedules as per established
- Provides documentation to maintain accuracy and quality of
medical records, in order to comply with reimbursement guidelines,
and company and facility requirements.
- Participates in patient, family and assigned facility meetings
- Follows administrative, company and assigned facility
processes, policies and procedures.
- Participates in training programs for facility staff, patients,
families and rehabilitation staff.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities.
- Assists Occupational Therapist in establishing restorative
nursing programs, as necessary, in conjunction with restorative
nursing department efforts to provide appropriate comprehensive
care to patients.
- Communicates effectively with skilled rehabilitation team to
ensure the most appropriate care is provided to the patients.
- Participates in marketing and community presentations and
projects to promote the success of the company and assigned
- Successful completion of an accredited Occupational Therapist
Assistant Program and certification (or eligibility for) by
- Valid license or eligible for licensure to practice as an
Occupational Therapy Assistant in applicable state(s).
- High level communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective leadership and customer relationship skills
- Ability to exercise mature judgment with initiative in
analyzing and solving problems
Blue Stone Therapy is proud to offer the following benefits to
- Group Medical and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Benefit Plans (Voluntary Life, etc)
- Short-Term / Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- 401K with Company Match
- Professional Liability Coverage
- Licensure Reimbursement
- Blue Stone Educational Seminars and Training (BEST) CEU
Keywords: Blue Stone Therapy Solutions, Des Moines , Occupational Therapy Assistant, Other , Newton, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!