Job Title: Dishroom Clerk FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Hickory House Revision Date: 05/2018
Keeps dish area clean and washes daily dishes, utensils and
equipment from the Hickory House and other departments as needed;
as well as any special events held in the store.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Directors;
Store Operations, Perishables, and Health Wellness Home; Food
Service Director; Hickory House Manager; Assistant Hickory House
Manager; Assistant Managers
Positions that Report to you: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Washes dishes and puts them away in proper area.
- Scrubs and hand washes all items unable to go through
- Inspects all dishes for cleanliness.
- Keeps dish area clean, organized and sanitary.
- Ensures all chemicals are filled and containers are properly
disposed of when empty.
- Performs routine cleaning and maintenance procedures involving
care of dishwasher.
- Performs general cleaning of other Hickory House equipment
including but not limited to warming carts, plate carts, floors,
hallways and service carts.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent required. Six months or less
of similar or related work experience required.
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near and
far range with or without correction.
- Must be able to perform medium work: lifting no more than 50
pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of objects of no more
than 25 pounds.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling,
fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Commitment to the Hy-Vee Mission and a willingness to promote
the values of the company.
- Functional verbal and written communication skills.
- Functional interpersonal skills; ability to relate to and
interact with other people in a friendly, professional manner.
- Ability to identify problems, develop and execute
The duties of this position are performed in a store environment
or food service setting. Frequent temperature extremes could occur
from working with ovens, grills, refrigerators etc.; frequent
equipment hazards with knives, slicers and mixers; exposure to
potentially hazardous chemicals/solvents using bleach and Lime Away
cleaning agents; exposure to electrical shock with plug in
appliances; and frequent exposure to dirt and noise.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Industrial dishwasher, scrubbing brushes (pads), garbage
disposal, knives, mop, broom, trash compactor, box cutter, box
crusher. Other standard tools and equipment used in a kitchen
environment may include: slicers, Hobart machine, grill, fryer,
ovens, rotisserie, label maker and company vehicle.
Has daily contact with employees, and general public.