Manager, Technical Training & Development
Company: FGL Holdings
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Manager, Technical Training & Development will lead core
technology training for F&G employees and contractors.
Responsibilities will include working across teams to identify
training needs, developing curricula, and partnering with internal
and external resources to create content. This role will also
assist with onboarding new employees to provide them with the
skills and knowledge to be successful at F&G.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains a core technology training strategy
- Fully responsible for building and managing a core technology
learning hub, using internal resources such as Cornerstone Learning
Management System, LinkedIn Learning, and Microsoft Pathways.
- Work with project work streams, functional areas, and business
stakeholders to plan, scope, schedule, execute and coordinate the
successful delivery of projects.
- Leads project/learning plans and develops effective
communication plans to support the roll out of new technical
training initiatives and programs.
- Collaborates with Talent Management team to integrate training
into the Learning Management System.
- Facilitates core technology training sessions and coordinates
external facilitation as needed.
- Provides training for new employee/contractor orientation.
- Works with department leaders to identify knowledge gaps and
develop appropriate core technology training to close gaps as
- Coordinates user group sessions to facilitate technical
- Evaluates training programs to ensure timely, relevant, and
cost-effective training in accordance with program objectives.
- Ensures that training programs stay up to date with evolving
- Collects and utilizes feedback and metrics for effectiveness of
core technology training.
- Manages external training partners relative to cost and
- Develops and manages core technology training budget.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent technical training
- 5+ years of experience as a leader in technical training and
- Experience in developing technical course content for various
levels of technology expertise.
- Knowledge of web-based and video-based learning platforms and a
variety of educational techniques.
- Experience consulting with business leaders on training and
development needs and implementing new training processes.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft suite of products.
- Experience working in the insurance industry preferred.
- Achievement of technical certifications preferred.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a "can
- Able to manage timelines and multiple projects
- Extreme attention to detail and able to communicate effectively
among all levels of an organization.
Since 1959, Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company (F&G)
has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are
seeking security in retirement and protection during life's
As an Iowa Top Workplace1 and a proud equal opportunity
employer, F&G employees are empowered, collaborative, dynamic
and authentic. We believe that by embracing these values, we will
continue to build and strengthen the company, while continuing to
be a great place to work.
Explore what it's like to be part of the F&G family:
1Des Moines Register Top Workplaces 2018-2020
Keywords: FGL Holdings, Des Moines , Manager, Technical Training & Development, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!