MRI Technologist I
Company: Catholic Health Initiative
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: June 12, 2021
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic
Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700
care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to
home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is
accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities
advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how
and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in
- Performs MRI procedures on scheduled shifts including emergency
call back, operates MR equipment.
- Provides care to neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and
- Provides patient/family or caregiver education and counseling
in recognition and solution of physical, emotional, and
environmental health problems.
- Maintains open and positive communication with staff,
physicians, and other departments.
- Instructs, supervises, and evaluates student
- Participates in the training of new employees
- Presents a positive image to community and professional
- Promotes professionalism with the department, hospital, and
community; acts as a role model.
- Demonstrates proficiency in performing all exams according to
- Maintains the physical environment of the department in a
clean, well-stocked, orderly manner.
- Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner, reporting
any malfunctions to manager/Bio-med.
- Manages and coordinates the activities of the MRI Department
with other areas of the department and hospital to insure and
maintain patient care.
- Demonstrates proper phone etiquette and utilization of
computers, including completion of exam data entry.
- Complies with OSHA/JCAHO and other regulatory agency
recommendations and guidelines.
- Attends hospital and department meetings and inservices.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all patient/personnel
- Successful completion of an accredited two year Radiologic
- Registry eligible or Registered Radiologic Technologist
- Maintains active registry status in ARRT
- Maintains current Iowa Permit to Practice
- Participates in professional society (i.e., ISRT or SCD)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified
or obtained within three (3) months of hire. Acceptable
credentialing bodies and certifications include American Red Cross
CPR/AED for The Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association
Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training
specific to population serve within three (3) months of hire.
Keywords: Catholic Health Initiative, Des Moines , MRI Technologist I, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!