RN Procedural Float Pool
Company: Catholic Health Initiative
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: June 12, 2021
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic
Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700
care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to
home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is
accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities
advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how
and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in
Provides individualized, high-quality nursing care to patients
of all ages. Uses a team approach to delegate and coordinate
patient care at admission, transfer, and discharge. Independently
delivers nursing care using the Nurse Practice Act, Mercy Medical
Center policies, nursing standards, ethical principles, and
professional judgment. Job duties may vary by shift or may be
unit-specific as this position floats to cover all areas of
- Administers nursing care to patients; includes assessment,
planning, implementing, and evaluating the patient's care plan in
coordination with the physician.
- Provides nursing care guided by physician orders, unit
protocols and professional judgment.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately with staff,
physicians, patients, families and other healthcare team
- Participates in ongoing educational activities related to
clinical knowledge and professional issues.
- Contributes to the professional development of peers and
colleagues by sharing knowledge and skills.
- Delivers care in a manner that preserves and protects patient
autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Considers factors relating to safety, effectiveness and cost in
planning/delivering patient care.
- Provides patient/family or caregiver education and counseling
in recognition and solution of physical, emotional, and
environmental health problems.
- Utilizes hospital information system to process orders/data and
retrieve patient information.
- Maintains knowledge of documentation requirements needed for
- Works independently with limited direct supervision using the
Nurse Practice Act, Mercy Medical Center policies, nursing
standards, and professional judgment.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment set-up, maintenance, and use
(i.e., IV pumps, monitoring equipment, and drainage devices).
- Initiates emergency support measures (i.e., cardiopulmonary
resuscitation, protecting patient from injury).
- Complies with OSHA/JCAHO and other regulatory agency
recommendations and guidelines.
- Assists with clerical duties (i.e., maintenance of charge,
patient record, answering phones and call lights, processing
- Maintains patient care supplies, equipment, and
- Provides orientation/education for staff, students, and other
hospital and community organizations as requested.
- Supports and participates in departmental Performance
- Attends departmental and other meetings as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Possession of a current or compact state license as a
Registered Nurse issued/defined by the State of Iowa.
- Basic Life Support certified within six (6) weeks of hire.
Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include American
Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart
Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training
specific to populations served within three (3) months of
- Ability to read, write and speak English language.
Keywords: Catholic Health Initiative, Des Moines , RN Procedural Float Pool, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!