Intelligence Technical Specialist
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every
organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered
on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and
encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In
doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions
of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our
Microsoft 365 is the most innovative cloud platform in computing
today and Microsoft is hiring for the Intelligence Technical
Specialist (TS) role.
The Microsoft TS's main goal is to win the technical decision of
customers to purchase and use our technology. You will work in a
team, enabling the customers through digital transformation by
leveraging Microsoft 365 and Surface for Modern Work [https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/modern-workplace
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and
Technical Solution Leader
- Business analytics architect. The expertise and ability to
explain key solutions and architectures in the business
intelligence space and data-driven decision-making; demonstrated
knowledge of enterprise-level business analytics, including data
modeling, report and dashboard creation, data security, governance
and compliance required.
- Technical depth. Technical experience with design, development,
configuration and implementation of solutions based on Power BI (or
similar business intelligence products) required.
- Technical breadth. Customer experience with cloud and hybrid
infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology
management; broad experience with Microsoft365; and competitive
business intelligence product knowledge (Tableau, Qlik, etc.)
- Cloud Trust. Demonstrated knowledge of identity,
authentication, security, privacy, and compliance, and how they
factor into cloud and hybrid solutions preferred.
- Planning for success. Understand Office 365 deployment and
adoption planning, including Microsoft FastTrack, and the
high-level project management and change management tasks
associated with driving usage of business intelligence solutions
- Collaborative. Able to work cohesively with customers, members
of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing
organizations and Microsoft (or similar) partners required.
- Excellent Communicator. Outstanding written & verbal
communication, collaboration, organizational, presentation, and
deep technical product demo skills required.
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset.
Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach,
including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being
customer focused preferred.
- Performer. Highly driven passionate person who consistently
exceeds goals and expectations required.
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical
and professional skills); implementing practices from others;
trying, failing, and learning from successes and failures; sharing
practices and knowledge for others' benefit required.
- Executive Presence. Validated experience engaging with senior
level executives preferred.
- Experience. 5+ years of related experience in technical
pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
or related field preferred.
- Certification in domain-specific technologies preferred.
- Certification in the following technologies preferred: Power
BI, Excel, Office 365
- Certification in information security preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Intelligence Technical Specialists are expected to be able to
both own and win customers' technical decisions, as well as find
new opportunities through their contacts and engagements for sales
specialists to further pursue. As an Intelligence Technical
Specialist, you work within a virtual team of technical, partner
and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a
technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, and win the
technical decision allowing the team to achieve/exceed quarterly
Microsoft 365 and Power BI sales/usage targets in your accounts.
Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your
deep technical expertise across Microsoft and non-Microsoft
cloud-based infrastructure technologies.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
You will be the specialist for Power BI and related Microsoft
365 products and services for modeling, visualizing, and
experiencing data within your account teams.
- You will drive the advancement of Power BI and support the
advancement of the overall Modern Work portfolio, encompassing the
Microsoft 365 suite and Surface devices.
- You will be the subject matter expert on your local sales team
for Power BI and related products such as Excel and Visio; and will
lead competitive strategy for Power BI within your account
- You will support lead identification and work with your account
teams to build the business case for Power BI.
- You will work with your account teams to obtain a strong
understanding of each account's governance and decision processes
and the customer's business & technology priorities.
You will help customers make technical decisions to build
tomorrow's business and IT solutions based on Microsoft
- You will lead technical presentations, demonstrations,
workshops, architecture design sessions, proofs of concept, and
pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers
the capabilities of Power BI and related Microsoft 365 products and
services, and how we can make their businesses more
- You will lead to clear technical, competitive and security
blockers to accelerate Power BI sales and customer usage.
- You will own winning the technical decision at customers for
sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your
message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show
our technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision
- You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as
use our core tools to extend your reach and the reach of your team,
focusing on satisfying important customer needs.
You will be a vital connection and orchestration point for a
variety of technical resources, by:
- Orchestrating complex solutions with internal and external
partners for multiple Microsoft products and services.
- Helping identify and diagnose technical, architectural, and
competitive blockers and respective solutions for sales
opportunities and usage decision blockers and helping ensure that
these solutions are implemented.
- Sharing practical knowledge with partners to drive the sale,
deployment, and adoption of Intelligence solutions.
- Shaping current and future products, marketing strategies, and
customer centricity ideas through your feedback to sales,
marketing, and engineering.
You will stay sharp, share your knowledge, and learn practices
- We encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and
enhance their technical, sales, professional skills, and
- Your knowledge will be enhanced and shared by participating in
internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader
industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, training, and articles
for your domain.
- You will be recognized for sharing, learning, and driving
individual work that all result in business impact for customers,
partners and within Microsoft. Microsoft encourages thought
leadership and leadership from every employee.
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Des Moines , Intelligence Technical Specialist, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!