Posted on: June 12, 2021
Analyze accounting information for internal management and
external regulatory organizations and performs accounting duties in
accordance with company procedures.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares workpapers, supporting documentation, and makes
journal entries for internal accounting system.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly general ledger account
- Prepares monthly FCIC reconciliations and accounting
- Processes accounts payable invoices to be forwarded on to the
- Performs banking functions (i.e. ACH, clearing checks).
- Completes Annual Report filings.
- Responsible for 1099 process.
- Calculate and report premium tax information to direct
- Compile and provide daily outstanding check listing to parent
- Compile and provide monthly and quarterly sales and use tax
information to parent company.
- Compile and provide unclaimed property information to parent
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- Four year degree in Accounting with 1-3 years of accounting
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to accurately and efficiently enter information into a
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and the
ability to apply those principles.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn Rain and Hail products,
services, and systems.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn the terminology used by
the insurance industry and the company.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to effectively communicate and maintain positive
business relationships with company personnel, outside resources,
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and to
perform many tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to use department equipment.
- Ability to remain calm and professional.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work well with people in a team environment.
- Ability to work from oral or written communication.
- Ability to assist in other work related areas as required.
Keywords: Chubb, Des Moines , Accountant, Other , Urbandale, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!