What you'll do:
Principal's US Insurance Disability claims business is seeking a
motivated, energetic and experienced Software Engineer Leader with
an aptitude for servant leadership and passion for maturing modern
software engineering practices! This is a formal leader role for a
team that partners closely with a vendor platform, in addition to
some greenfield engineering for both upstream and downstream
Here are few examples of the kinds of things you'll do:
- Leadership and career development of team members, eliminating
system impediments and maturing our engineering practices,
advancing our business technology strategy and creating a culture
that seeks to continually improve.
- Partner closely with vendor platform and ensure a positive
relationship with them and your team members. Help continue to
build out the vendor SaaS strategy and inspire team alignment.
- Own and craft all software development layers of a solution.
Help set direction for the team in proactively establishing
controls and ensure system is secure and meets policy and
regulatory requirements during development.
- Demonstrate design thinking and build solution architectures.
Own design and solution architecture for team's work; can span
- Be a change agent and mentor with a passion for your
- Assist/coach teams and engineers to "Build it Right" and "Build
the Right Thing"
We're looking for someone with:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree with a preference in a
science, technology, engineering, or math related field or
equivalent work experience and 6+ years of related professional
- Past experience writing code/programming
- Formal leadership experience supporting an engineering
- Experience crafting strategy around implementing vendor
- Passion for technology and problem solving
Additional preferred technical experience:
- Cloud experience (we use AWS) Serverless, PaaS, CaaS
- Working across multiple languages (e.g. Typescript and
- Front end technologies and/or front-end frameworks
- Building highly scalable distributed systems
- Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration
This role may have on-call responsibilities.
We'll consider talent at the next level with the right
experiences and skills.
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any
type of immigration sponsorship now or in the future or those
needing work authorization for this role. (This includes, but is
not limited to students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.)
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you'll need to follow
an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business
conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members
of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other
positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common
purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible
to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences,
backgrounds, and talents of our employees - individually and all of
us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why we're an
exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or