Senior Technical Product Owner - API/Kiosk
Company: Co-Op Financial Services
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We are seeking a talented Senior Technical Product Owner to
represent the product team as the product owner with the technical
teams and provide the technical direction for CO-OP Financial
Services' products and solutions; manage assigned development
products; oversee technical develop delivery, implementation, and
backlog of Product Road-map for multi-phase product initiatives,
follow the product development methodology & discipline within
CO-OP Financial Services in collaboration with cross functional
business units. Responsibilities include product assessments,
business case creation, business requirements, operating model,
product positioning/commercialization, competitive analysis,
product integration, market launch, and ongoing product lifecycle
- This position is fully-remote. That means we are open to talent
across the country and the person in this position will be able to
continue working remotely even after we transition back into our
physical office locations.
- This position is temporarily-remote. That means that this
position is currently remote due to COVID. However, once we
transition back into the office, the manager would prefer for this
person to work in the physical office.
- This position is flexibly-remote. That means that this position
is currently remote due to COVID. Once we make the transition back
into the office, there may be flexibility for a hybrid schedule of
both remote and in-office work.
- This position is on-site. That means that the person in this
position is expected to work in our physical office location. As
stated above, we are doing everything we can to protect our
employees that are working on-site and greatly appreciate their
What You Can Look Forward to
- Participates in the market analysis process for new
products/services development to determine customer needs, industry
direction, competitive product and market positioning and overall
- Assists with the creation of compelling product vision and
- Develops business plan, including business requirements, such
as product design and strategic fit, go-to-market strategy.
- Analyzes interconnectedness of products/partners/technologies
to create best of breed products/services.
- Executes the sections of product development cycle including
requirements (functional, operational, and technical), system
integration, testing compliance, product launch and
- Manages product development to ensure adherence to budget while
maintaining requirements for the product.
- Works with development teams, 3rd-party vendors, associations,
and internal stakeholders to execute on development, launch and
implementation plans. Act as single interface with
- Identifies and interprets customer/stakeholder needs and
translate feedback and user testing results into
- Reviews and provides feedback to technical design, QA support
- Participates in Scrum backlog maintenance, prioritization,
daily stand ups and scrum ceremonies.
- Responsible for validating user personas and user
- Ensures deliverables are completed as per plan and defined
scope. Resolve impediments to keep project on track.
- Motivates, facilitates and drive collaboration between various
technical and product teams.
- Triage and prioritize issues and enhancements.
- Drives continuous improvements and automations throughout
product development sprints.
- Works with teams to ensure product development, testing and
implementation procedures are complete by Technical readiness
- Works with teams to ensure smooth deployments of Beta
- Assist with UI/UX design exercises as applicable.
- Attend TPO advisory councils or different groups within the
company to provide insight.
- Provide deeper product knowledge through demo training for our
client facing teams for assigned products.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree plus minimum seven years of product
development experience, or equivalent training and/or
- Professional background in strategic and tactical product
- Proven track record and experience in presentation skills to
both a large and small group.
- Proven track record of bringing successful products to market
- Proven staff management skills in leading resources to a higher
and strategic thought process.
- Knowledge of strategic and product development
- Knowledge of strategic planning process.
- Knowledge of product life cycle management tenets.
- Advanced understanding and knowledge of financial services
industry, preferably credit unions and payments industry.
- Knowledge of technical product management.
- Knowledge of Agile product development methodologies and tools
- Azure Devops.
- Financial analysis skills-to assist finance department in
building forecasting models and use those models to build financial
business case for products.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee
feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce;
ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve;
cultivating a workplace in which every employee can live up to
their full potential. The result of this effort is an inclusive
environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an
organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the
credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's
commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends
beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60
million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free
ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast
technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion
transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to
deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Keywords: Co-Op Financial Services, Des Moines , Senior Technical Product Owner - API/Kiosk, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!