RN - Cardiac Surgical ICU
Company: Catholic Health Initiative
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: June 12, 2021
MercyOne is a connected system of health care facilities and
services dedicated to helping individuals live their best life.
With 420 care locations, our clinics, medical centers and
affiliates are never too far from home, allowing us to improve the
lives of individuals and communities across the state of Iowa and
MercyOne's Central Iowa Region includes medical centers in Des
Moines, West Des Moines, Newton and Centerville and two specialty
hospitals - MercyOne Children's Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne
Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive - along with more than 20
additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care,
pediatric, internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the
Sisters of Mercy in 1893, MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest
continually operating hospital in Des Moines.
Provides individualized, high-quality nursing care to patients
of all ages. Uses a team approach to delegate and coordinate
patient care at admission, transfer, and discharge. Independently
delivers nursing care using the Nurse Practice Act, Mercy Medical
Center policies, nursing standards, ethical principles, and
professional judgment. Works rotating shifts, weekends, and
holidays as scheduled.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Assesses, plans, and implements nursing care while ensuring
- Practices safe patient handling techniques.
- Continues to evaluate assigned patients and provides ongoing
- Anticipates, identifies, and responds to educational and
emotional needs of patients and families.
- Guides and directs healthcare personnel (i.e. Patient Care
Technicians) in caring for patients.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment setup, maintenance, and use
(i.e. IV pumps, monitoring equipment, and drainage devices).
Utilizes safeguards such as IV pump drug library and monitor alarms
whenever available to maximize patient safety.
- Initiates emergency support measures (i.e. cardiopulmonary
resuscitation, protecting patient from injury).
- Assists with patient care duties/tasks (i.e., emptying drainage
devices, ambulating, and hygiene).
- Possession of a current or compact state licensure as a
registered nurse issued/defined by the State of Iowa
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter - Child and/or
Dependent Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for
Healthcare Providers certified within six (6) weeks of hire.
Keywords: Catholic Health Initiative, Des Moines , RN - Cardiac Surgical ICU, Other , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!