Advanced Mfg Leader, Tool and Die
Company: Lennox International
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Company OverviewLennox International (LII) is a leading global
provider of innovative climate control solutions for heating,
ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR)
markets.Beginning over a century ago, Lennox International has
built a strong heritage of Innovation and Responsibility. Our
position as an innovation leader continually inspires us to promote
more efficient energy use and a healthier environment through our
product operations. Our engaged and diverse workforce is committed
to providing climate control solutions that provide the most value
and comfort for our customers. We are proud to have instilled a
shared sense of responsibility and commitment among our
approximately 10,000 employees located throughout North America,
South America, Europe, and Asia.Job DescriptionThis engineer
develops and applies advanced engineering theories, methods and
research techniques in the investigation and improvement of
manufacturing processes and methods. The ideal candidate possesses
both a high level of technical expertise and an innate passion to
build. You will play a critical role in creating and refining
processes in order to improve manufacturing safety, quality, and
productivity.----Duties also include, but are not limited to:--
- Plan and direct projects or major phases of projects in areas
such as machining, metal forming, plastics processing, welding and
brazing, assembly and material handling.
- Coordinate the efforts of engineers and technical support
- Analyze, evaluate and plan methods of approach and organize the
means to achieve solutions to complex technical problems.
- Establish and define the theoretical bases and principles that
should apply, the empirical test procedures to be used and
estimated time, expenses and manpower for completion.
- Conduct investigations or tests of considerable complexity
pertaining to the development of new manufacturing operations,
major production activities, exploration of product and/or process
problems, along with the definition and selection of new concepts
and approaches in manufacturing operations.
- Investigate literature patents and current practices relevant
to the solution of assigned projects.
- Review project progress and evaluate results.
- Recommend corrections to ensure project objectives.
- Specify the equipment, materials and supplies required for
completion and implementation of technical projects.
- Evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or
- Diagnose and troubleshoot manufacturing & tooling issues.
- Perform after run cleaning, sharpening & repair of production
tooling and dies.
- Previous machining and die building experience.--
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently but in a
- Other duties as assigned.--#LI-DNIQualificationsEducation and
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Engineering. A master's degree
or equivalent is preferred.
- Requires at least 12 years related experience.Must have the
following demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- The ability to enhance state-of-the-art applications of
engineering science and technology at an expert level.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation
- Expert use of analytical and CAD software.
- Requires expert knowledge of design techniques, tools, and
principles involved in production of precision technical plans,
blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Highly specialized expertise in mechanical and manufacturing
theory and design. Effective in directing projects and providing
- Competitive base salary
- Excellent medical plans designed to support healthy
- Mental and financial health programs
- Outstanding 401k with company match and 1-year bonus--
- Employee Stock Purchase Program--
- Community involvement opportunities--
- Robust Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation assistance is available--
- And much, much more!
Keywords: Lennox International, Des Moines , Advanced Mfg Leader, Tool and Die, Other , Marshalltown, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!